McFadden/Janikowski for McCoy/Crosby - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

McFadden/Janikowski for McCoy/Crosby - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: McFadden/Janikowski for McCoy/Crosby - WHIR

Postby c0megets0me » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:33 pm

oxhammer wrote:
c0megets0me wrote:This is easy...........Who cares about the damn kickers they are a dime a dozen. So who is the better RB? answer...McCoy

What isn't easy if making the playoffs with a 2-5 record. That means closing out the season 5-1. Does McCoy give me that much more upside than McFadden to be able to pull that off?

I dont know if McCoy gives you "that much" more upside but with your record any upside is good. Dont read to much into the trade. Take the better player on the better team. DMC may have what you see as an easy schedule but how often will the Raiders be playing from behide and thow the ball the whole 2nd half. Always leave the trade with the better player.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby oxhammer » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:57 pm

prophecy135 wrote:I think the fact that McCoy is on a bye is a deal breaker for me at this point considering your situation. If you were 6-0, 5-1 or even 4-2 I think its completely different. IF you want to do this deal I think you NEED to press this guy for more, look at his roster, he has NO RB's to play this week..

The other guy's team is 1-5. He is definitely desperate for a win. If he loses, he'll just trade his players away for next year draft picks. Hell, I'll probably be doing the same if I lose this weekend. If he wins, he might be willing to make the trade after this week. He's not favored though. Any suggestions on counter trades?
oxhammer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby oxhammer » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:04 pm

c0megets0me wrote:DMC may have what you see as an easy schedule but how often will the Raiders be playing from behide and thow the ball the whole 2nd half. Always leave the trade with the better player.

That's definitely something I failed to take into consideration. Why else does Palmer have fantasy value? He's got to throw and completely neglect the running game. It's why Myers looks like a decent TE. McFadden has had some decent receiving games but not enough to compensate for lack of carries. Of course there's never any guarantee of winning, but I think I do win this weekend if I don't make the trade. Wish there was better news on Graham. None of us have players playing tommorow, so I can wait a bit to see if his status improves.
oxhammer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Fantasy Expert

Postby umvagia0 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:42 pm

I agree with the others...McCoy is the better back. So I would pull the trigger on this one.

One thing to keep in mind.....it is a high risk high reward trade because you have Vick as your qb. If the eagles sh*t the bed, so will your fantasy team. But if they do well you are golden.

Please help me..... viewtopic.php?t=526414

Thanks.
umvagia0
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby tarheeldave » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 am

all day if you get mccoy. hes gonna turn it around

viewtopic.php?t=526477
tarheeldave
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby oxhammer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:52 am

My opponent just picked up a kicker, full team now. He's got Hasselbeck, Britt, and Cook against Buf, Lynch and Sea D against SF, James Jones, Jones-Drew, Tate, Nicks, and Gould. If Buf and SF play well, he could really be hurting for points. I'm thinking of a couple crazy trades which would kill me team this week.

McFadden, Morris, Starks, Janikowski for McCoy, Mathews, Murray, Crosby (66 points remainder of year gain - yahoo evaluator
McFadden, Williams, Janikowski for McCoy, Murray, Crosby (46 points)

Would you make either of those? Stick with original trade? Other trade suggestions?

His team
QB - Matt Ryan
WR - Brandon Lloyd, Sidney Rice
RB - LeSean McCoy, Ryan Mathews
TE - Fred Davis
W/T - Denarius Moore
W/R - DeMarco Murray
K - Mason Crosby
D - Oakland
BN - Jonathan Stewart (RB), Pierre Garcon (WR), Josh Freeman (QB)
oxhammer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Fantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions