Bad Luck or Bad GM?, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Bad Luck or Bad GM?, WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bad Luck or Bad GM?, WHIR

Postby NYG1119 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Well I've never been the one to have luck at fantasy football but after draft day if someone told me I would be at 1-5 with this roster I would of laughed in their face.

14-Team PPR (2nd Pick)
2 - Ray Rice
27 - Julio Jones
30 - Darren Sproles
55 - Tony Romo
58 - DeSean Jackson
83 - Pierre Garcon
86 - Jacob Tamme

That was all my picks in the top 100. I got Texans D/ST and Matt Bryant as my D and Kicker. I also drafted Kevin Smith but traded him away because I felt he wasn't going to do anything in the future (and I was right). I also had David Wilson and Reuben Randle (Giants fan) and dropped them before they sort of broke out. Still they aren't impactful enough yet. The only guy drafted after the guys listed above that I still have is Jaquizz Rodgers, and I hope he gets an expanded role (he sort of has already).

Before Week 1, I then jumped on Alfred Morris and Week 1 was amazing as I scored a shattering 173 points. Garcon did get hurt but I was confident I would be able to still win with Rice, Sproles, and Julio Jones. Then came Week 2 where Romo struggled along with most of my team, leading me to my first loss of the year.

Since then it's gotten bad. I traded Alfred Morris away for Ben Tate and Kendall Wright (I was afraid of Shanahanigans) and then Morris got his first 100 yard rushing game and Ben Tate got hurt and started to stink. Garcon hasn't fully come back yet and Joel Dressen is the new #1 in DEN. Romo has been atrocious, Julio and DeSean have been inconsistent, and Rice just hasn't given me enough (although he's been good).

I had opportunities to win games (Reggie Bush getting hurt, Amendola getting hurt, opp. players struggling) but it would just be worse for me, and when I had a decent week, the team I played that hadn't scored over 100 at all put up 150!!!

So here's Week 7...I'm without Julio and DeSean but I figured I would be in good shape that I would have to worry. I also traded Garcon for Pitta and Davone Bess.

QB: Romo, Locker
RB: Rice, Sproles, Ben Tate, J. Rodgers*
WR: Julio*, DeSean*, K. Wright, A. Roberts, Bess*
TE: Pitta, Tamme*
D/ST: Texans, Chargers*
K: Bryant*

My plans are to grab Daryl Richardson off waivers and Tynes to fill-in for Bryant and possible be my kicker moving forward. Is what has happened the result of bad luck or me making bad moves (i.e. Morris trade)

Any input is appreciated
NYG1119
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings