should i trade randall cobb for felix jones? WHIR massive! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

should i trade randall cobb for felix jones? WHIR massive!

Moderator: Football Moderators

should i trade randall cobb for felix jones? WHIR massive!

Postby sinicalypse » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:13 pm

hey guys! in my flagship league, a 12-team 2WR/2RB/flex with 0.5 PPR, i've recently caught up with inevitability, having a backfield of demarco murray and reggie bush was bound to get me some injuries, and now demarco is hurt.

somehow i'm the #1 overall team in the league, averaging 128 points a week and being 5-1 because i lost 130-120 in week 3. i'm currently 1 game ahead of two people at 4-2, and my ~770 points is roughly 70-75 points ahead of the #2 team in teh league, in terms of tiebreakers. i tell you all of this because i want you to know my situation as i am potentially looking to trade randall cobb for demarco murray's backup, felix jones.

obviously, if demarco is out for more than a week, this move makes plenty of sense.... but in the small/ish chance that he's out for 2/+ weeks, this could be a huge move for me when you take a look at my team

qb - tom brady (it was him or brees mid-late 1st round, and i'm kind of kicking myself now)
wr - brandon marshall
wr - dez bryant
rb - demarco murray
rb - reggie bush
te - tony gonzalez
flex/WR - randall cobb
k - robbie gould
DEF - bears DEF

BENCH
WR - randall cobb
RB - benjarvus green-ellis
RB - william powell (dude from arizona)
TE - scott chandler (using for this week. someone nicked me on olsen for the bye)
QB - andrew luck
DEF - atlanta (i've still got it in case i'm able to toss it into a trade, as they're tied with the bears for most takeaways in the league. they've been double digits 4/6 weeks, with one of those 2 off weeks being 9 points. solid)

so basically like, i dont have much/any WR depth beyond cobb as i was trucking along with lawfirm in the flex spot for the most part, and i used cobb to get ~15 in each of the last two weeks while i was rotating brandon marshall and dez bryant through the bye weeks.

so while i'd like to have cobb, it's obvious that he isn't a giant TD threat yet, as aa-rod loves to go to jordy nelson and especially NFL rec TD leader james jones in the endzone.... but cobb is nasty in the slot, altho jennings coming back messes everything up cuz cobb might get buried, not to mention in the HOU game on sunday cobb was alternating series with donald driver in the second half.

so basically, would you guys trade cobb to get felix jones? i know i run the risk of jones being a backup within a week, but at this point maybe it's wise to have that handcuff for demarco.... idk. i gotta try and act tonight so this would be valid for sunday, so link to your thread for hte WHIR... i'll be up for awhile tonight.

hasta

# james
sinicalypse
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: should i trade randall cobb for felix jones? WHIR massiv

Postby esm2012 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Felix Jones just scares me when it comes to his history. Cobb has really begun to become a part of that GB offense and we don't know how long Jennings will be out.
I picked up Tanner in 1 of my leagues because Jones can't stay healthy either. You got the Law Firm (yea he's not exciting).

My gut says keep Cobb. If you have time look at this trade offer: viewtopic.php?t=526460

Thanks and Good Luck!!!
esm2012
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby matt2v17 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:31 pm

I would just keep cobb, Jones won't do anything super exciting while Murry is gone and you can just plug in BJGE in while he's out. BJGE isn't fancy, but he puts up a decent amount of points because he is the only back in Cincy. Cobb has the higher upside and Jones over BJGE isn't really that big (if any) of an increase.

help?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=526475
matt2v17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby huge20 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:37 pm

i would keep cobb as well hes been getting good looks and always has the chance to break one on special teams.
huge20
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions