DeMarco Murray - Waivers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

DeMarco Murray - Waivers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

DeMarco Murray - Waivers?

Postby dajonx » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:39 am

Do you guys think I should use my #1 waiver on DeMarco Murray? I would be dropping Jared Cook.

My Roster:
QB - Matt Ryan
WR - Julio Jones
WR - AJ Green
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Darren McFadden
TE - Jermichael Finley
WR/RB - Doug Martin
K - David Akers
DEF - Houston
Jared Cook
Miles Austin
Mike Wallace
Andy Dalton
Torrey Smith
Mikel LeShoure
Rashard Mendenhall
dajonx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: DeMarco Murray - Waivers?

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 am

Yeah definitely, no brainer if you ask me. You are completely stacked at every position so you dont need him necessarily but anytime you can get someone that was a 2nd/3rd rounder off waivers you do that 99% of the time. Looking at your team you dont really need waiver claims so if you do this you can sit for 2-3 weeks and get that #1 spot right back. I would get him and try to upgrade your tight end position since thats the only position you are lacking, and you are severely lacking.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby dajonx » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:22 am

Yeah, there aren't many TEs out in FA since some teams love to keep 2-3 TEs on their rosters... Go figure. Like your league, there aren't many active players so that makes it even more difficult.
dajonx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby con-vicks » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:24 am

oh yes! for sure...i cant believe anyone would drop him, he is not out for the season. Grab him and make someone regret his decision later.

mine plz
viewtopic.php?t=526516
10 Teams PPR League
QB - M. Stafford/P. Rivers
RB - L. McCoy/ A. Morris/ G. Bernard/ S. Vereem/ A. Ellington
WR - V. Jackson/ D. Jackson/ / T. Smith/ P. Harvin/ R. Randle
TE - J. Thomas
con-vicks
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 60)

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 am

dajonx wrote:Yeah, there aren't many TEs out in FA since some teams love to keep 2-3 TEs on their rosters... Go figure. Like your league, there aren't many active players so that makes it even more difficult.

Im not talking about getting a TE off of FA im talking about trying to work a trade. Finley will drive you nuts and i would really try and target a better tight end. All of the big TEs have question marks right now so find one who's owner has a solid backup and they are worried right now. Graham has the ankle injury, Hernandez coming back from injury, and Gronk has had a slow start. I expect them all to be beasts moving forward but now is a good buy low time for any of them

If not the studs then shoot for Owen Daniels, Witten, Gates or someone like that so you arent stuck playing Finley every week. You have 5 really good WRs and once you pick up Murray you will have 5 really good RBs so you have TONS of leverage
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby allday643dp » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:37 am

Honestly, I'd actually drop Finley and keep Cook. Finley has done nothing and had TWO targets in the biggest passing game for any quarterback we've seen this year. His fortunes are not going to change, but Cook is doing a decent enough job.

But yes, ABSOLUTELY pick up DeMarco Murray. There are fewer starting RBs than TEs. You've gotta pick him up.
allday643dp
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:41 am

allday643dp wrote:Honestly, I'd actually drop Finley and keep Cook. Finley has done nothing and had TWO targets in the biggest passing game for any quarterback we've seen this year. His fortunes are not going to change, but Cook is doing a decent enough job.

But yes, ABSOLUTELY pick up DeMarco Murray. There are fewer starting RBs than TEs. You've gotta pick him up.

I would actually agree with this comment as well. When you watched the TEN game last thursday you saw Cook getting open constantly, i think they will realize that they need to get him the ball more. Finley is garbage and on a team as good as yours you should not have that player. Either way having a bench 10 deep at WR/RB and having a 2nd tier TE should not happen, your 1 goal should be too get a top 5 TE
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby dajonx » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks for the replies and help.

I know Finley has been very disappointing the past few years (that enough should be a telltale sign, I know...), but I was willing to give him one more week. In the last game, he had a partially separated shoulder so I can see why he was limited and didn't do well. If he does suck it up next week, I will be replacing him with Cook (since everyone seems to be set at TE except me) and try to pursue a trade for a legit TE. I'm just not sure how much I should give up to get one...

I asked about Gronk and he wanted Foster. (No thanks)
Graham is pretty untouchable...
Gonzo might be up, but will cost a pretty penny...
Hernandez; the dude rarely checks his team.

Daniels would cost me Wallace...
Witten/Gates; I haven't inquired about yet...

I guess you guys still think I should drop Finley instead of Cook? I think both *should* have good games this week (Finley vs StL, Cook vs Buf) and I guess I'll keep whoever does better.

Some of the TEs on FA are: Fred Davis, Olsen, Myers, Tamme... Would you recommend any of those over Cook/Finley?

Thanks a lot!
dajonx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:22 am

dajonx wrote:I guess you guys still think I should drop Finley instead of Cook? I think both *should* have good games this week (Finley vs StL, Cook vs Buf) and I guess I'll keep whoever does better.

Some of the TEs on FA are: Fred Davis, Olsen, Myers, Tamme... Would you recommend any of those over Cook/Finley?

Thanks a lot!

Dont go after Gonzo, his price is too high and i think his production is a little hard to sustain. Daniels for Wallace isnt a good deal for you in terms of value, but it makes your team better. WIth Julio/AJ/Miles you dont really need Wallace but that greatly increases your TE spot in terms of consistency and upside. Would he do something like Finley and Leshoure for Daniels or Finley and Torrey Smith for Daniels? If you could pull something like that off then you would upgrade at TE and open up a roster spot to grab DeMarco killing 2 birds with one stone.

Either way you have to drop a TE for Murray no matter what, hes too talented to not pick up in order to hold 2 tier 2 TEs. And i would probably take Olsen over your guys, not very consistent but can have some really big games, your guys are just consistently average
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby dajonx » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:32 am

Thanks.

The guy with Daniels also has Gronk. When I offered Miles, he said that there aren't any good TEs in FA (for when Gronk is on a bye, I assume) so then I countered with Finley/Miles. He just said no thanks and will stick with his current setup...

I guess I'll open dialogue again after this week and try to work something out.

Thanks!
dajonx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions