would you consider trading tom brady? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

would you consider trading tom brady? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

would you consider trading tom brady? WHIR

Postby sinicalypse » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:43 pm

hey guys! in my flagship league, a 12-team 2WR/2RB/flex with 0.5 PPR, i've recently caught up with inevitability, having a backfield of demarco murray and reggie bush was bound to get me some injuries, and now demarco is hurt.

somehow i'm the #1 overall team in the league, averaging 128 points a week and being 5-1 because i lost 130-120 in week 3. i'm currently 1 game ahead of two people at 4-2, and my ~770 points is roughly 70-75 points ahead of the #2 team in teh league, in terms of tiebreakers. i tell you all of this because i want you to know my situation. our league resets waiver position EVERY WEEK so perpetual bottomdwellers can go make the moves like, say, felix jones.... and now the 1-5 guy who has felix jones decided that demarco might be out so he's seemingly reneged on our proposed cobb/jones deal.... and looking at my squad here.... the one guy who i COULD move for solid value at RB/WR would be tom brady...... because I have andrew luck, a guy who has had his bye week.... has no running game, and is only ~30pts behind brady by virtue of a bye week.... so here's my team:

qb - tom brady (it was him or brees mid-late 1st round, and i'm kind of kicking myself now)
wr - brandon marshall
wr - dez bryant
rb - demarco murray (of course, nebulous injury for HOW LONG?!?!)
rb - reggie bush
te - tony gonzalez
flex/WR - randall cobb
k - robbie gould
DEF - bears DEF

BENCH
WR - randall cobb
RB - benjarvus green-ellis
RB - william powell (dude from arizona)
RB - isaac redman (grabbed for desperation purposes)
TE - scott chandler (using for this week. someone nicked me on olsen for the bye)
QB - andrew luck

so would you consider trading brady? and if you do..... shoot, obviously try to go to a sub/.500 team and get a top RB, or a middling RB / top WR (and toss in someone like cobb and/or some of my lower-tier RBs with brady)

basically, i wanna find out if you lot have enough faith in andrew luck to take the chance and roll with him as my #1 guy going forward, i mean charchian on fantasyvictory has him as the #5 QB this week.... looking at my team.... do you think i've got enough to take the guy i took with the #6 overall pick and cash him in for something better @ RB/WR and ride andrew luck to the promised land?

also, playoff matchups (i'm 5-1 and i'm ASPIRING, guys... averaging 128/week, but i've been spoiled with a bears DEF that has three straight weeks of 20+ pts, which obviously isn't gonna happen every week) are.... BRADY: week 15/16 vs SF / @ JAX --- LUCK: week 15/16 @HOU / @ KC --- so yeah, it looks like either way i'm gonna have a rough 15, and a good matchup on 16.... that's always nice.

drop me your link/s and i've got some time to get back to you.... kthxbye!
sinicalypse
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions