$1000 league: need help BIGG decision...will return feedback - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

$1000 league: need help BIGG decision...will return feedback

Moderator: Football Moderators

$1000 league: need help BIGG decision...will return feedback

Postby Whatyoumean » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:52 pm

im currently tied for 1st place in a 1ppr league...

i think that aj green will put up monster numbers all year and dont want to get rid of him, but i have run into serious rb troubles and dont know if i can avoid it...

start 2qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 1 def, 1 k

my team is as follows...

QB
BRADY
BIG BEN

RB
MENDENHALL
POWELL
TATE
MURRAY

(YES I KNOW IM WEAK AT RB...I WAS GETTING NO PRODUCTION OUT OF GREEN ELLIS SO I TRADED HIM FOR JENNINGS ONCE MENDENHALL WAS BACK...BIG MISTAKE, BUT I FIGURED I COULD GET MORE TRADE VALUE OUT OF ONE OF MY WR'S AND UPGRADE AT RB ANYWAYS...JUST DIDNT PLAN ON MURRAY GOING DOWN LOL)

WR
AJ GREEN
WALLACE
NICKS
JENNINGS
GARCON
STEPHEN HILL

TE
GRAHAM
FINLEY

DEF
PITTSBURGH

K
GOSTKOWSKI

I GOT 2 AUTOPICKS ON DRAFT DAY CUZ YAHOO SUCKS, THATS WHY I ENDED UP SO RECEIVER HEAVY...BUT IM CURRENTLY TRYING TO LEVEL MY TEAM OUT SOME...HERE ARE MY OPTIONS...

FIRST OPTION IS A SIMPLE ONE, MIKE WALLACE FOR BRADSHAW?

I TRUTHFULLY WOULD LIKE TO JUST PICK UP FELIX JONES...BUT THE OWNER THAT PICKED HIM UP OFF THE WAIVER WIRE WITH HIGHER PRIORITY IS IN LAST PLACE AND BEING A PRICK...ONLY TRADE HE WILL DO IS AS FOLLOWS...

BIG BEN + AJ GREEN FOR PEYTON MANNING + HASSELBACK + FELIX JONES + ADRIAN PETERSON OR TRENT RICHARDSON (HASSELBACK ADDED IN DUE TO MANNINGS BYE WEEK)

I AM CONCIDERING IT BECAUSE I AM WR HEAVY AND STEELER HEAVY...TWO THINGS I AM TRYING TO STEER CLEAR OF...BUT AJ GREEN HAS 40 MORE POINTS THEN BOTH A.P. AND TRENT RICHARDSON IN PPR LEAGUES ALREADY THIS YEAR AND WILL PROBABLY PUT UP SIMILAR #S ALL YEAR

PLEASE HELP! LOL

LEAVE LINKS AND I WILL RETURN THE FAVOR
Whatyoumean
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: $1000 league: need help BIGG decision...will return feed

Postby oxhammer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:07 am

I would take Wallace for Bradshaw. Murray isn't going to be out that long, so Jones wouldn't have any value after that. So, you're really looking at Manning and AP/Richardson. In which case, I still lean slightly to the first.

viewtopic.php?t=526589
oxhammer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Whatyoumean » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:12 am

whats the deal with bradshaw? i seen more ppl picked up andre brown this week then felix jones...why is that?!

i know bradshaws got the foot bothering him, but felix will get almost all of dallas carries this week, so i was curious as to why so many more jumped at brown
Whatyoumean
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby oxhammer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:16 am

He didn't practice yesterday but returned as limited today. They're expecting him to play this weekend. I'm not sure why people are taking Brown over Jones unless they think he has a higher upside for short term play.
oxhammer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Whatyoumean » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:25 am

i have one guy that keeps trying to trade with me to get aj green...

his rb's are

chris johnson
adrian peterson
trent richardson
alfred morris
felix jones

i was thinking maybe offering aj+mendenhall for 2 of his rb's to get 2 solid rb's and stay pretty solid at wr

thoughts?
Whatyoumean
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Whatyoumean » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:44 am

i have one guy that keeps trying to trade with me to get aj green...

his rb's are

chris johnson
adrian peterson
trent richardson
alfred morris
felix jones

i was thinking maybe offering aj+mendenhall for 2 of his rb's to get 2 solid rb's and stay pretty solid at wr

thoughts?
Whatyoumean
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby duffoholic » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:42 am

It's kinda crazy but all 6 of those RB's are on the same level except for Felix, who's a week or two filler... Bradshaw had ONE big game, Trent has keeper value but that team isn't there yet, CJ0K is... a gamble? AP has lost a step, Morris is dealing with Shanny but a solid pick as long as he's starting.

The Bradshaw trade is low risk, high reward. If the giants actually figured out how to run the ball, and the fullback there is helping, he could be solid for the season and keep you going until Mendenhall and Murray get healthy. I still think Mendy is the only back in Pitt who can run so he's worth keeping, in my opinion.

If you want to swing for the fences go with AJ/mendy/powell for Felix/Trent/ and one of the others (they are all even for me).

Good luck with the big bucks!
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 444)

Postby srlarson » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 am

I would be temted by the AP deal.......I think he will join the top 3 as the #4 rb......he has been solid, and catching more passes than in the past....
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:14 am

Would he do Nicks instead of Wallace for Bradshaw?? Im not a fan of having a RB and WR from the same team, really limits the upside of your team so if you are going to take Bradshaw back i would rather deal Nicks. I understand you would still have Mendenhall/Wallace but i think Bradshaw is the better back and if i had to have a RB/WR combo i would prefer it be in a pair with the worse back. Or does he have a decent WR where you could do Mendy/Nicks for Bradshaw and another WR to completely eliminate your RB/WR combos?

As far as the big trade I actually think its an OK trade for you. If Mendy gets healthy i think that takes a lot away from Ben so Peyton would be a nice upgrade for you. Peyton's schedule gets easier moving forward and i look for him to put up top 5 QB numbers all year. AP is also a stud and is putting up huge numbers without the touchdowns. If you think about it AJ has 40 more points than AP but he has had a few multi TD weeks and AP has no TDs since week 1; eventually that will even out a bit.

That doesnt take into account the fact that you also get Felix back which is great security for you. You would then have at least 2 solid starting RBs every week and once Mendy gets healthy you would have 3 really good backs. You are a little banged up so it may hurt you a bit this week but i think in the long run you get much better through this trade
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)

Postby offthebeatnpath » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:42 am

Wow, this is a big trade. I like the last poster her said nicks for bradshaw. Is Bradshaw's backups available in your league? If so, i would look at that trade. I don't love ADP in a keeper league.

Further more, I actually like the AJ Green/Mendenhall for 2 mid tier rb's. It's tough to give up Green, but it might be something you have to do. I actually think Tanner will do better this week than Felix. Felix came in to camp fat and just doesn't show that he cares.

Help.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=526669
offthebeatnpath
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions