Foster Trade in Keeper League - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Foster Trade in Keeper League - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Foster Trade in Keeper League - WHIR

Postby adam3313 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:00 am

Hey all,

Here's my current roster, as well as the proposed trade.

14 team, PPR, starts 3WR, 2RB, keeper league (keep 3 players)

QB- Rodgers, Locker
RB- Bradshaw, Tate, Hunter, V. Ballard
WR- Marshall, Brown, Decker, Washington, Givens
TE- Gonzalez, Miller
D- Houston, Minnesota

I'm currently sitting atop the league, with almost an 80 point lead over the next team in points scored. My RB situation is indeed dire after the Cedric Benson injury.

I've been offered a trade for Arian Foster. The trade is as follows:

SEND
Tony Gonzalez, Houston Defense, 2013 4th Round Pick (essentially a 1st round pick in our draft, as rounds 1-3 are for keepers.

RECEIVE
Arian Foster, Mike Williams (TB), 2013 15th Round Pick

I feel like I almost have to make the trade. I have a strong spot right now, and I think Foster could put me over the edge for the rest of this season. While it will hurt giving up a future 1st round pick, it also sets my team up to have a great keeper core of Rodgers, Foster, and Marshall/Brown. I think I can be fine with H. Miller for the rest of the season, and I think I can get by with the Minnesota defense and matchups on the waiver wire. Houston Defense has taken a hit recently with the Cushing injury. Furthermore, I already have Foster's handcuff, and I would also pick up Mike Williams, who could help with some receiver depth as well.

Any help you can provide is appreciated. Please provide a link and I will help in return. I just discovered this site, as you can see I'm a new member, but I wish I had found it previously.

Thanks
adam3313
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Foster Trade in Keeper League - WHIR

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:07 am

Do the trade and dont think twice about it. Like you said Houston D isnt much better than Minnesota D anymore so i wouldnt even count that as part of the trade. I would also agree that Heath is more than serviceable and i think Tony G has to slow down at some point. You are definitely losing a nice asset there but in return you are getting the best RB in the game by far. Foster gives you 20 a game just about every game with potential for much more. Like you said your RB core is weak right now and Bradshaw is a little shaky too, you need a back that you can rely on.

You have to try and win the current season because you are set up nicely to do that, worry about future seasons later. The trade makes you at least 10 points better per week this year

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=526660
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby TheBeaker » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:19 am

yes, do it and do not regret it for a second.
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 169)

Postby srlarson » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:24 am

Push the button if you haven't......do the deal and win now!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions