RB pickup: Blount, D. Richardson, Bolden, Powell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

RB pickup: Blount, D. Richardson, Bolden, Powell

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB pickup: Blount, D. Richardson, Bolden, Powell

Postby curly » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:28 am

Which waiver wire RB would you pick up? I'm looking to replace Jahvid Best after this week's news.

WHIR
curly
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB pickup: Blount, D. Richardson, Bolden, Powell

Postby Chicago 2 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:34 am

Well for starters do you have any of the starting running backs for any of these player's teams?

In my opinion if you have the opportunity to handcuff one of your starting RBs who is struggling/injured you do so.

Blount, even though he scored last week has been largely absent from that offense and they are going to give Martin as many carries as possible because he is young and has more upside.

Bolden could potentially take over as the Patriots starting running back but they use so many players that he could be in a timeshare with several players; Ridley, Woodhead and Vereen, whomever has the hot hand will get the ball.

Powell is intriguing because he has proved to be the most capable running the ball with Wells and Williams out but no running back can put up fantasy worthy points with that offensive line and there is no clear cut starter at the moment.

I personally would add Richardson, something about this guy reminds me of Jamaal Charles and he has shown more explosiveness than Jackson and I would expect him to take over as the full time ball carrier by seasons end.

In this order regardless of your league settings:
Richardson > Bolden > Blount > Powell
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Re: RB pickup: Blount, D. Richardson, Bolden, Powell

Postby curly » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:56 am

Chicago 2 wrote:Well for starters do you have any of the starting running backs for any of these player's teams?

In my opinion if you have the opportunity to handcuff one of your starting RBs who is struggling/injured you do so.

Blount, even though he scored last week has been largely absent from that offense and they are going to give Martin as many carries as possible because he is young and has more upside.

Bolden could potentially take over as the Patriots starting running back but they use so many players that he could be in a timeshare with several players; Ridley, Woodhead and Vereen, whomever has the hot hand will get the ball.

Powell is intriguing because he has proved to be the most capable running the ball with Wells and Williams out but no running back can put up fantasy worthy points with that offensive line and there is no clear cut starter at the moment.

I personally would add Richardson, something about this guy reminds me of Jamaal Charles and he has shown more explosiveness than Jackson and I would expect him to take over as the full time ball carrier by seasons end.

In this order regardless of your league settings:
Richardson > Bolden > Blount > Powell

So, I do have Ridley currently, so that is why I would consider Bolden.

But I agree, I have been leaning towards Richardson because I have liked what I've seen with him.
curly
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 60)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions