NYG feature back if Bradshaw out? WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

NYG feature back if Bradshaw out? WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

NYG feature back if Bradshaw out? WHIR!

Postby falconbox » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:32 pm

so i've got Bradshaw and David Wilson on my team (someone grabbed Andre Brown). If Bradshaw cant go what are your thoughts on who would get the bulk of the carries, Brown or Wilson. both have shown good things this year and preseason but i know Wilson had some fumbles which put him in Coughlin's doghouse.

as a secondary question, if Bradshaw IS out, who should i start in his place: David Wilson, Dwyer (vs CIN), or Pierre Thomas (vs TB)?

thanks! WHIR.
ESPN League - The Bounty Hunters (6-1-1)
QB: P. Manning
RB: Jones-Drew, Bradshaw, P. Thomas, Jennings, Dwyer, Hunter
WR: Cruz, D. Moore, V. Jackson, James Jones, Stokley, Givens
D/ST: Houston
K: Graham
falconbox
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: NYG feature back if Bradshaw out? WHIR!

Postby Devil Doc » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:21 pm

From what I've read so far, Bradshaw should suit up on Sunday. If he doesn't, its going to be a time share between Brown and Wilson.

Dwyer is the no doubt, every down ball carrier, and I think that alone makes me start him over all the others.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)

Postby maclcrackin » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:47 pm

If this is a ppr league David Wilson could be the better play, he'll catch passes out of the backfield, and don't forget he is a kick/punt returner. However, Dwyer is more likely to get you some points this week whereas Wilson is more risk reward. I'd go with Dwyer if you are likely to win, but if you need a hail mary go with wilson.
12 team PPR 6-6
maclcrackin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JDNaumiec » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:55 pm

I've never been high on Dwyer and with Ben playing well, they're likely to focus on the passing game. However, it depends on whether or not it's PPR, like someone else said. If so, I'd plug in Thomas. Bradshaw should start, so I wouldn't worry too much - it sounds like he was held out of practice just to avoid placing extra unnecessary stress on his foot. If absolutely necessary, go with Dwyer or Thomas over Wilson/Brown. The Giants are going to be busy passing all over Washington's terrible pass defense.
JDNaumiec
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 28)

Postby maclcrackin » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm starting to like Pierre Thomas more and more after looking at his numbers, Go with thomas, he's the higher upside pick here in a PPR format.
12 team PPR 6-6
maclcrackin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby falconbox » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:44 pm

yeah i should have mentioned, it is PPR. after looking over Pittsburghs numbers i have realized they are one of the worst in the league in rushing this year, plus their center in injured.

i am leaning towards Thomas if Bradshaw cant go for whatever reason. i used him earlier in the season when Bradshaw missed time. He def benefits from PPR. i got lucky last week when i had MJD and Thomas both on bye and picked up Joique Bell as a 1 week fill in.

Thanks for the replies!
ESPN League - The Bounty Hunters (6-1-1)
QB: P. Manning
RB: Jones-Drew, Bradshaw, P. Thomas, Jennings, Dwyer, Hunter
WR: Cruz, D. Moore, V. Jackson, James Jones, Stokley, Givens
D/ST: Houston
K: Graham
falconbox
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench