Opinion on this trade that I already made? (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Opinion on this trade that I already made? (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Opinion on this trade that I already made? (WHIR)

Postby Southie777 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:57 pm

My league has a very funky set-up, but we've been doing it since '99 and like it that way... It is cumulative and 2-QB, .5 PPR... You start 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D/ST... But you only have one extra roster spot for each position, plus one extra wild card that you can use for whatever position you want... So, everyone uses it for a QB or RB... 1 point for every 10 yards receiving or rushing and 1 point for every 25 yards passing... 6 points for all td's, including passing... Here WAS my roster:

QB - Ryan, Palmer, Gabbert, and Sanchez
RB - McFadden, Doug Martin, and Mendenhall
WR - Roddy White, Steve Smith, and Torrey Smith
TE - Pettigrew and Celek
K - Akers and Gould
D/ST - Philly and Arizona

Okay, so this week, we (I have a co-gm) traded Ryan, Torrey Smith, and Gabbert for Schaub, Ahmad Bradshaw, and V-Jax... Nobody in my league ever threatened to veto it or anything, but just about everyone has given us crap about it all week, saying we shot ourselves in the foot by trading Ryan... We think we've really solidified our RB's and WR's and think that Schaub is obviously a downgrade from Ryan, but feel like he is capable of putting up solid numbers in the second half and not drop off from Ryan THAT much... We now have a very solid RB corps that we can either play matchups with or use as trade bait... And we now have two very solid WR's to roll with, in White and V-Jax... (This is, of course, assuming that Bradshaw and V-Jax are healthy... They mysteriously popped up on their respective injury reports the day after we completed the trade!) We have also now dropped Steve Smith for Denarious Moore and dropped Celek for Colby Fleener (just a hunch!)... So, our roster is now:

QB - Palmer, Schaub, Sanchez
RB - McFadden, Bradshaw, Martin, and Mendenhall
WR - White, V-Jax, Smith
TE - Pettigrew and Fleener
K - Akers and Gould
D/ST - Arizona and Philly

So, are we fooling ourselves? Did we screw ourselves with this deal? Thanks!
Southie777
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Opinion on this trade that I already made? (WHIR)

Postby gellosee » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:07 pm

I would have kept your team the way it was. That's just too big of a dropoff from Ryan to Palmer (or Schaub).
gellosee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions