Couple of questions! (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Couple of questions! (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Couple of questions! (WHIR)

Postby Southie777 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:18 pm

My league has a very funky set-up, but we've been doing it since '99 and like it that way... It is cumulative and 2-QB, .5 PPR... You start 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D/ST... But you only have one extra roster spot for each position, plus one extra wild card that you can use for whatever position you want... So, everyone uses it for a QB or RB... 1 point for every 10 yards receiving or rushing and 1 point for every 25 yards passing... 6 points for all td's, including passing... Here is my roster:

QB - Palmer, Schaub, and Sanchez
RB - McFadden, Bradshaw, Doug Martin, and Mendenhall
WR - Roddy White, V-Jax, and Denarious Moore
TE - Pettigrew and Fleener
K - Akers and Gould
D/ST - Philly and Arizona

We just traded for Schaub, so we definitely like him - but I have to ask - we definitely start Palmer and Schaub, right? It's the obvious choice... We shouldn't get cute and try to start Sanchez over Schaub? It sounds crazy, but the Pats' secondary made Russell Wilson look like Joe Montana in the second half last week and this is coming from a Pats fan! So, I was thinking that Sanchez could be a sneaky play... Definitely leaning toward Schaub and Palmer, especially since we just traded for Schaub and I am gonna be at the Pats game and REALLY just don't want anything to do with any Jets this week, haha!

Also, if it comes out that Bradshaw is gonna play (we also just traded for him and, when healthy, will definitely be planning on using him over Martin), do we go with Bradshaw or Martin? We're thinking right now that, given Bradshaw's uncertain status and Martin's matchup, we'll go with Martin...

Also, while I'm at it, Pettigrew or Fleener? I'm thinking that Fleener could be a sleeper here... Thoughts?

Thanks!
Southie777
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Couple of questions! (WHIR)

Postby falconbox » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:17 am

well we think that you shouldnt get cute. we'd say go with Schaub and Palmer definitely! as far as Bradshaw and Martin, it is the same game at 1:00 so wait as long as you can to see if Bradshaw plays. if he does, we think Bradshaw is the better bet.

as far as TE's, prob Pettigrew. we havent paid too much attention to TEs this year because our commissioner screwed up our WR/TE flex spots before the online draft so TEs werent available. every team just has to go with 3 WRs, which isnt working out too bad for our team (we have Fitz, Cruz, & V. Jackson)
ESPN League - The Bounty Hunters (6-1-1)
QB: P. Manning
RB: Jones-Drew, Bradshaw, P. Thomas, Jennings, Dwyer, Hunter
WR: Cruz, D. Moore, V. Jackson, James Jones, Stokley, Givens
D/ST: Houston
K: Graham
falconbox
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Couple of questions! (WHIR)

Postby CRob44 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:18 am

way to long , headache