Need to Trade a QB: Who to Move?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need to Trade a QB: Who to Move??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need to Trade a QB: Who to Move??

Postby mm92280 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:06 pm

I am in a 10 team H2H league that requires us to start 2 QBs every single week. I have 4 QBs (when Locker gets back) that could be considered starter-quality in a league setup like this. I know that I need to trade a QB and am looking for thoughts on which QB to trade away for an upgrade? Just an FYI, the way my friend set up the scoring in this league, QBs are not penalized for turnovers (which certainly helps Vick, Rivers and Romo retain some value). Also, I recently acquired Romo in what I view as a buy-low, as I traded Christian Ponder and Torrey Smith for him. I view that trade as a quality move, as while it made me thin at receiver, I believe that Romo will play better and is a substantial step up from Christian Ponder (who is still going to be leaning on AP offensively, even with Harvin and Rudolph around). That trade was done partly with the thought that I should be able to move Vick or Rivers and pick up a very good-to-great receiver (better than Torrey Smith) because of how QBs are valued in my league. I also picked up Jake Locker off the waiver wire, as another owner unwisely got frustrated and cut him. So, that is how I ended up with my 4 QBs.

So, do you guys think I should move Vick or Rivers? I don't think Romo or Locker would be the ones to trade, as I just got both of them and Romo's value is a little deflated right now (I expect him to play better). From a scoring standpoint, it is QB-heavy and the top QBs are Aaron Rodgers with 170 point scored and Matt Ryan with 160 points scored. By contrast, Michael Vick has scored 133 points (remember, turnovers don't count) and Phillip Rivers has scored 117 points. To give up another comparison, middle-of-the-road QBs Jay Cutler and Carson Palmer have both scored 93 points so far this season. I am leaning towards trading Vick, because of the potential job security issues. I do believe Vick has a higher ceiling than Rivers from a scoring perspective but Rivers doesn't really have to worry about job security. Do you agree with Vick being the guy to go?

I am thinking that the right thing to do is to offer Vick & probably Denarius Moore for the best WR duo that I can find (on a team that needs QB help, of course). Or, I could try to package Vick & Rudolph for a better TE & a quality WR as well. QBs score quite a bit more points in my league, so I feel Vick should bring a quality return, as AJ Green is the top WR thus far and has scored 97 points. By comparison, Larry Fitzgerald and Julio Jones are both considered upper-tier WRs but have only scored 59 points (which is basically 45 percent as many points as Vick has scored this year). Denarius Moore has scored 39 points thus far this year in my league (for another comparison). As you can see, QBs definitely rule in my league from a scoring standpoint but, if I can upgrade to an elite WR, then I think it would be worth it.

Sorry for rambling so much on the topic but, what do you guys think in general? Move Vick for a top-level WR (keeping in mind how my league scores players & values QBs)?

QB: Vick
QB: Rivers
RB: A. Foster
RB: A. Peterson
WR: D. Thomas
WR: K. Britt
WR/RB: R. Mathews
WR/RB/TE: D. Moore
TE: K. Rudolph
K. M Bryant
DEF: Minnesota

Bench:
T. Romo (QB)
J. Locker (QB)
K. Hunter (RB)
A. Brown (RB)
B. Tate (RB)
G. Jennings (WR)

Thanks!
mm92280
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need to Trade a QB: Who to Move??

Postby kgecklund » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:14 pm

I think Vick and Rivers are your most valuable QBs. With that said, if you were to trade Rivers I think Romo could fill his shoes. So i would probably try to get rid of River or Romo and see if you can reel in a good receiver.

Can you help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=527015
kgecklund
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need to Trade a QB: Who to Move??

Postby Mean One » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:07 pm

Don't get rid of Vick unless you get an offer in return that will knock your socks off with the way your league scores QB play. And you will have trouble moving Romo right now for good value till he has an ESPN highlight day for the ages. B-)

I would look to move Rivers for a good WR straight up. The Eagles are not going to bench their only player that gives them the best chance each week to win games with his big-playmaking ability. Vick will stay in the lineup until he is carried off the field (which is always a possibility) and the Eagles know that. I would shop Rivers around and see what offers come your way.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions