"No Run DMC" is the biggest 1st round bust of 2012. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

"No Run DMC" is the biggest 1st round bust of 2012.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Darren McFadden is, IMO, without a doubt, the biggest dissapointment of the 2012 fantasy football season through 7 weeks.

He has failed to crack 3.0 YPC in 5 of 6 games this year.

He has cracked 100 YFS just twice in 6 games.

He has scored only 2 TD.

Take away his 1 decent game on the ground - week 3 vs Pittsburgh (go figure) where he "went off" for 113 yards on the ground (thanks largely in part to a 64 yard TD run) - he's carried the ball 85 times for 211 yards (a 2.48 YPC).

Take away his 1 decent game through the air - week 1 vs San Diego where he caught 13 passes for 86 yards - he caught 12 passes for
81 yards (a 6.75 YPC).

Most troubling in this IMO, since coming off their bye, when they supposedly "tweeked" the running game, he's getting shut down by bad defenses - Atlanta is currently the 28th in the NFL in yards paer game allowed at 144/game, Jacksonville is 29th at 147/game.

Up against these 2 soft run defenses, McFadden has been absolutely terrible - 46 carries for 123 yards (2.67 YPC). Even being that terrible, he's has actually improved his YPC on the year.

His remianing schedule is fantastic on paper, arguably the softest run schedule in football...

WK 8 @ KC - 22nd 125/game
WK 9 v TB - 3rd 76/game
WK 10 @ BAL - 27th 143/game
WK 11 v NO - 31st 160/game
WK 12 @ CIN - 21st 124/game
WK 13 v CLE - 24th 134/game
WK 14 v DEN - 18th 115/game
WK 15 v KC - 22nd 125/game
WK 16 @ CAR - 19th 120/game

6 matchups against bottom 1/3 run defenses.

2 matchups against middle of the pack run defenses.

1 matchup against top 1/3 run defenses.

Again, on paper this looks like a dream schedule. However, he has not produced vs bad defenses.

Going into drafts, the one thing keeping him from being a top 5 pick was durability concerns.

Who would have thought that a healthy DMC would be 23rd in the NFL in rushing (despite being 14th in carries) through 7 weeks of play?

So, what do you do with him?

Keep playing him and hope he snaps out of it?

Trade him for a less explosive (supposedly) yet more consistent back?

Trade for him and hope to land a 2nd half stud on the cheap?
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: "No Run DMC" is the biggest 1st round bust of 2012.

Postby tantrix1969 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:02 pm

I've been scratching my head on this too, only have him in one league and have started him all season hoping for a return of his old self. Have been considering trading him but don't think I would get what I want so will probably just keep him. Maybe someone from that neck of the woods could give some insight as to what is hindering him at the moment(oline,lost burst,etc.)
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby a4ce » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Traded for him before week1 in both my leagues. Gonna stick with him. He did so well in the PBS I though he wouldn't skip a beat in the ZBS. In fact, I thought he would do better. Plus, I bleed Silver and Black. Okay, you can stop laughing now.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:44 pm

tantrix1969 wrote:I've been scratching my head on this too, only have him in one league and have started him all season hoping for a return of his old self. Have been considering trading him but don't think I would get what I want so will probably just keep him. Maybe someone from that neck of the woods could give some insight as to what is hindering him at the moment(oline,lost burst,etc.)

Im in the exact same situation. Im probably just sitting on him hoping he snaps out of it. I was offered Ridley and Vernon for him today but its just not enough.

I was worried about him getting hurt not under performing. Very shocking
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Newram05 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:19 pm

I do know one thing! I'll not draft him 1st round ever again! Lesson learned!
Is it really the offense? Or is it him! He looks like a CJ2k this year. Scared to hit the holes and dancing like he wants to be on dancing with the stars! I think he is jealous of Hines Ward!! He has me in a 2-4-1 record currently where 3 of my 4 losses were by less then 18 points total and he keeps putting up 4-5-6 and 7 pts a week! I'm gonna see who I can get!!!
Newram05
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jpatern21 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Sitting with him as well. His value is down so trade offers stink. Can just sit back and hope he gets it going.
jpatern21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby moochman » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:00 pm

there is the only reason that Bench DMC is the top bust: You can still get good value for Megatron. Megs seems to be getting less and less involved every week, has already dropped more passes this season than any full year. He looks hurt and disinterested. sigh. Madden curse comes in many forms.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:53 pm

DMC - 12 carries for 17 yards. That's real impressive

/sarcasm
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:49 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
tantrix1969 wrote:I've been scratching my head on this too, only have him in one league and have started him all season hoping for a return of his old self. Have been considering trading him but don't think I would get what I want so will probably just keep him. Maybe someone from that neck of the woods could give some insight as to what is hindering him at the moment(oline,lost burst,etc.)

Im in the exact same situation. Im probably just sitting on him hoping he snaps out of it. I was offered Ridley and Vernon for him today but its just not enough.

I was worried about him getting hurt not under performing. Very shocking

I love Ridley. I wonder if that deal would still be on the table.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby big.d57 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:56 pm

I think a huge reason why DMC can't rack up yards is cuz his O-line is not opening up any holes for him. Watched the game today, and wow he was just running into brick walls. Imagine what he will do against TB's good run d.....But watch i'll bench him and he'll go off :-C
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Football Talk