"No Run DMC" is the biggest 1st round bust of 2012. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

"No Run DMC" is the biggest 1st round bust of 2012.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: "No Run DMC" is the biggest 1st round bust of 2012.

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:16 am

big.d57 wrote:I think a huge reason why DMC can't rack up yards is cuz his O-line is not opening up any holes for him. Watched the game today, and wow he was just running into brick walls. Imagine what he will do against TB's good run d.....But watch i'll bench him and he'll go off :-C

I didn't watch the game, but the issue with him and the zone blocking scheme they run, is he's really not patient enough to wait for the holes to open, make the cut and hit the hole that should be there.

His final line looks decent (and I'll take it), but again, he failed to crack 4.0 YPC, and needed 33 touches to get to 137 yards - 4.1 per touch, which isn't very good. And this was against another bad defense.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:45 pm

I just don't understand what these coaches see that we don't? DMC was a man amongst boys in a man-to-man blocking scheme. He explodes through the hole right when he gets the ball, why take that away from him? Why make him dance behind the line and wait for the hole to open up.

These coaches try to get to cute, IMO. Just play football to your players strengths. It always leaves me scratching my head.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:25 pm

I continue to be disappointed each week by DMC as well.

I'm in 1st and he is my best RB besides Ridley but his soft schedule does give me hope.

Their new blocking scheme is hurting them, I watched the game and the line does him no favors.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Warpigs » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:50 pm

I was offered Julio Jones, Aaron Hernandez and Leshoure for Run DMC and JNelson. tempted to take it because I also have CJ2k and Alfred Morris (who I can turn into Ridley from what I was told from the other owner) in PPR.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby hotpocket » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Apparently he got injured but I didn't see it.

Did it look bad? Might be screwed if he's out for awhile.
hotpocket
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 12)

Postby big.d57 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Read on rotoworld that it may be a high ankle sprain and for now he'll be looked at as week to week.
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby moochman » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Warpigs wrote:I was offered Julio Jones, Aaron Hernandez and Leshoure for Run DMC and JNelson. tempted to take it because I also have CJ2k and Alfred Morris (who I can turn into Ridley from what I was told from the other owner) in PPR.

Bet you're wishing you'd of made that deal, eh?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:31 pm

moochman wrote:
Warpigs wrote:I was offered Julio Jones, Aaron Hernandez and Leshoure for Run DMC and JNelson. tempted to take it because I also have CJ2k and Alfred Morris (who I can turn into Ridley from what I was told from the other owner) in PPR.

Bet you're wishing you'd of made that deal, eh?

Ouch. That one burns. :-o
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 am

Oakland Raiders running back Darren McFadden not ruled out for Sunday
By Jerry McDonald
jmcdonald@bayareanewsgroup.com
Posted: 11/05/2012 01:36:26 PM PST
Updated: 11/05/2012 09:59:27 PM PST

ALAMEDA -- A disappointing loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers took a back seat Monday to putting together a roster so the Raiders can move forward in the second half of the season.

The Raiders will begin to prepare Wednesday for a difficult cross-country game in Baltimore, and logic suggests they'll be without running backs Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson. Both players failed to finish a 42-32 loss Sunday to the Buccaneers because of high ankle sprains.

Coach Dennis Allen wouldn't rule out either player, but the bounce back from even a mild high ankle sprain is typically more than a week. McFadden underwent X-rays and an MRI that were negative, and Goodson was in the process of getting an MRI.

With only Taiwan Jones on the 53-man roster and Jeremy Stewart on the practice squad, Allen said bringing in another running back is a "possibility" and that "we'll talk over the different scenarios of what we can do and make a decision."

Considering the coaching staff has issues with Jones' ball security -- he recovered his own fumble against Tampa Bay -- it's likely the Raiders will be looking at running backs Tuesday.

One possibility is Ryan Grant, released by Washington on Oct. 23 and who played for the Green Bay Packers when general manager Reggie McKenzie was on the personnel staff there.

con't...

more: http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders ... source=rss
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:13 am

Running back Jones gets look in practice
Vic Tafur
Updated 11:30 p.m., Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Running backs Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson both missed Wednesday's practice with high ankle sprains, and the Raiders didn't bring in any running backs. So it looks like second-year back Taiwan Jones is getting a crack at the first-team carries.

Fullback Marcel Reece and practice squad running back Jeremy Stewart (out of Stanford) are also in the mix for carries in Baltimore on Sunday.

Coach Dennis Allen said the reason that the Raiders didn't sign any new faces was that they feel they "have guys in house that can step in."

After McFadden and Goodson left Sunday's game against the Buccaneers, Reece lined up as the sole back in the fourth quarter. But Allen and offensive coordinator Greg Knapp never seemed to like the idea of him at running back while in training camp.

Jones, who has been a little injury-prone and a little fumble-prone, has one carry for 2 yards and one catch for 4 yards this season, missing two games with a knee injury. Last year, the speedster from Eastern Washington had 16 carries for 73 yards and two catches for 25 yards.

The MRI exam on Goodson's right ankle was negative, and Allen said he and McFadden "were in the same boat" as far as who might return first. Neither has been ruled out for Sunday's game.

http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/R ... 018386.php
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk