Looking to trade RGIII, who should I target? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Looking to trade RGIII, who should I target?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Looking to trade RGIII, who should I target?

Postby cds4446 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:43 am

I have Peyton and RGIII and have only used RGIII during the bye so looking to get rid of him as I will start Manning the rest of the season. What can I reasonably expect in value for him?

Here is my roster in a 10 team 1pt ppr 6 pt td league, play 1 QB, 1 RB, 2WR, 1TE, and 1 Flex. I am currently 7-0 and looking to sure up my roster for playoffs. I feel like I am middle of the road in both RB and WR could use a stud on either position.

QB: Peyton, RGIII
WR: Cruz, Denarius Moore, Britt, Gibson, Wright
RB: Mcgahee, Murray, Spiller, Felix Jones
TE: Gronk, Witten
K: Gostkowski
TM: Raiders (will use WW to play matchups)

I would like a stud WR to go with Cruz, so I was thinking of offering the Harvin owner straight up. Just not sure what the value is for RGIII. Most teams have a sufficient QB and the ones that don't unfortunately don't have an elite WR or RB.

I appreciate any help and WHIR with any questions.
cds4446
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Looking to trade RGIII, who should I target?

Postby TexasMade8810 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:59 am

i'm in a similar situation and have found that its very hard to move rg3 for the reasons you just metioned. Most people in my leauge are satisfied with their qb situation, or satisfied enough that they don't want to give up anybody worthy of a straight up deal.

I would try to trade RG3 and D. Moore for for a wr.

help with mine?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=527091
TexasMade8810
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cds4446 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:41 pm

bump
cds4446
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:08 pm

You need a rb. Or maybe even two of them. Id look to add one even if it took rg3 and a wr to get it done.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby cbs525 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:54 pm

I am in a similar situation. I would try to get a good RB and/or a good WR.

help with mine?: viewtopic.php?t=527198
cbs525
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 2)

Postby cds4446 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 am

Thanks everyone for the input. I am working on a trade request with the only team that is truly in need of QB, he has both of his QB's on bye in week 9. He has Sproles and Reggie Bush as RB's and Demaryius Thomas and Austin as WR's. outside of those guys he has nothing of value for me. I think he is the only shot at moving Griffin right now. What do think would be the trade. Who would help my team out the most? I was thinking of sending him Griffin and Kendall Wright in exchange for Thomas and Sanchez (he has Brady and Sanchez). Once again thanks. This is the first year in a fantasy league and just trying to figure out how to play the trading games. If it helps at all I also just picked up Rashad Jennings from waivers this morning so I think I might have a few weeks of production from him at RB hopefully.
cds4446
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby duffoholic » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:05 am

I highly doubt he is going to give away a top RB or WR on his roster for a bye week filler. in a 10 team league he'll be able to drop sanchez and pick something else up. Going for Thomas is fine if you want all your eggs in Denver's basket. Personally I'd rather move Peyton and keep RGIII at this point. He's a top performer in most leagues.
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby cds4446 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:51 am

Thanks Duff, yeah I'm pretty sure it won't happen but he was the only team that has any issues at QB. I tried to package a deal for Harvin with another owner but it got rejected. Thomas was not my first WR choice just for that reason. I don't want to pin everything to one team. That was the best WR on his roster and did not want to sell myself short. The only other team that is in need of a QB only has Jamal Charles as an elite player and I am sure they aren't going to give him up. I actually don't mind hanging on to RGIII just thought I would shop him around to add some depth see if I could get lucky with a trade. With the scoring in our league Manning has been the better play for me on a week to week basis. We get completion percentage points and so far Manning has been more consistent in that area. They're pretty close though so I would feel comfortable playing either one each week. Thanks again for the help
cds4446
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions