Mario Williams not 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

Mario Williams not 100%

Mario Williams not 100%

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:49 pm

The big question: How hurt is Mario?
Bills defensive end still underachieving
BY: Jay Skurski

Mario Williams has made it clear a nagging left wrist injury has hampered his play.

To what extent, however, is something not even his head coach knows.

“I can’t speak for him. He’s the one that’s got to answer to that,” coach Chan Gailey said Monday. “I can’t tell you whether he’s being affected by it at all, or a little bit, or what it is. I can’t tell.”

But coach, don’t you talk to him about it?

“No. I ask him how it’s going and he says it’s all right.”

Williams has seemingly had more to say about the injury to the media, the latest following Sunday’s 35-34 home loss to the Tennessee Titans.

con't...

more: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 29722/1004
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mario Williams not 100%

Postby T-Lo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Huge disappointment so far this year. I was a believer when the projections showed he wouldn't do much, I still spend a pretty decent draft spot on him, and he hasn't delivered. I just dropped him from my team for the second time this season over the bye so I could pick up a kicker to cover my main kicker's bye week. I don't know if I'll bother picking him back up.

Julius Peppers has underperformed for me too, but I trust him far more than Williams. Thank God for Cameron Wake though.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Re: Mario Williams not 100%

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Bills' Mario Williams has wrist surgery
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 11:50 am | Updated: 2:01 pm, Mon Oct 29, 2012.
Associated Press

Star defensive end Mario Williams had surgery on his left wrist and expects to play Sunday when the Buffalo Bills face the Houston Texans.

Williams said in the locker room Monday that the operation in Alabama was done to "clean up" his wrist and he can already detect better range of motion in his left hand.

Williams was absent last week because of the injury, which has been bothering him since the final week of the preseason. It's unclear when the Bills learned Williams was going ahead with his treatment.

The Bills made Williams the NFL's highest-paid defensive player by signing him to a six-year, $100 million contract in March.

Williams has been looking forward to playing against his former team, the Texans (6-1). This game, however, comes as he has taken the brunt of criticism for Buffalo's underperforming defense.

Buffalo (3-4) has allowed an NFL-worst 1,238 yards rushing _ that's 986 yards short of the team's total last season _ and that includes giving up a combined 937 yards rushing in its last four games.

con't...

more: http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steel ... cd78a.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to IDP