Brady Quinn - starter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brady Quinn - starter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brady Quinn - starter

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Quinn is now the starter even though Cassel is healthy and will remain the starter

Posted on Mon, Oct. 22, 2012 01:16 PM
Quinn to start for Chiefs on Sunday
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

The status quo, Romeo Crennel knew, wouldn’t do. If the 1-5 Chiefs were to emerge from their bye and make something of a season that so far has gone horribly bad, they needed to do something drastic.

What he did as the Chiefs returned on Monday to begin preparations for Sunday’s game against Oakland at Arrowhead Stadium qualifies as drastic. He benched longtime starting quarterback Matt Cassel, now healthy and medically cleared to play after his recent concussion, and replaced him with Brady Quinn.

“The circumstance that you’re in, you have to decide what you want to do to try to change it,’’ Crennel said. “I decided to change the quarterback.

“Sometimes I look at the team and feel like we’re pretty close. Then other times I look at the team and feel like we’re not real close. So you try to evaluate and figure out what you need to do to impact the team and change some things because it seems like we’re in a rut.

“Probably the most impactful move I could make to get everybody’s attention was to change the quarterback. I think that will get everybody’s attention. Hopefully, that impacts the team because the  quarterback position is the one with the spotlight on him.’’

Crennel stressed the change wouldn’t be just for the Oakland game.

“I want (Quinn) to be the starting quarterback without having to look over his shoulder,’’ Crennel said. “There’s going to be no quick hook or anything like that.’’

con't...

more: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/22/38 ... unday.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Brady Quinn - starter

Postby m16a » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Glad I sold on Bowe. Hoping this doesn't affect Charles TOO much. :-o
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Re: Brady Quinn - starter

Postby stomperrob » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:09 pm

CHIEFS NOTEBOOK
Brady Quinn still not cleared to play against Steelers
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs still don’t have a starting quarterback for Monday’s game against the Steelers. Brady Quinn has yet to be cleared by doctors after suffering a possible concussion against the Raiders on Oct. 28, and until he is, the job belongs to Matt Cassel.

But Quinn could be cleared this week in time for him to prepare to play against the Steelers. Coach Romeo Crennel said he would make a decision between Quinn and Cassel as the starter if Quinn gets the OK to play.

Cassel was the quarterback in practice on Monday. Quinn did some throwing during individual drills but didn’t participate when the Chiefs went to full team work.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/05/39 ... l-not.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Return to Football Talk