If you were the GM of my team, what would you do to contend? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

If you were the GM of my team, what would you do to contend?

Moderator: Football Moderators

If you were the GM of my team, what would you do to contend?

Postby Soldier10 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:28 pm

This is my first year of fantasy football and I'm firmly addicted. I'm standing at 5-2 right now. My recent trade for Griffin III wasn't popular, but I didn't feel I could ride with Newton as my starter any longer. Aside from that, I've taken advice from forum posters and it's really helped me. All that said, what would you aim to do to make my team a strong contender moving forward (trades, waiver,etc.)? I have #3 waiver priority and I doubt Rashard Jennings falls. Much thanks for any help.

- 12 man redraft non-PPR money league; standard scoring. Playoffs week 14, 15, 16.
- Starting: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, W/R, TE, K, DEF

QB - Griffin III, Luck
RB - McCoy, Lynch, Spiller, Hunter, Turbin, Dwyer
WR - Cruz, V.Jackson, R.Cobb, D.Moore
TE - Rudolph
K - Streaming
DEF - San Francisco
(1 spot open)
--------
Soldier10
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: If you were the GM of my team, what would you do to cont

Postby FakeWhiteAirs » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:57 pm

You sit pretty well right now, and trying to tell you one thing to do to help you is tough. One thing i can say from also being a newcomer to fantasy is stay on the waivers and do your research. Last year was my first year playing and although i didnt have the best record i did win the league. This was mainly because of waiver pickups. My advice is to NOT look only at projections for a week or the next four. Look at their matchups, (esp matchups during playoffs if you plan to keep them), bye weeks, and injuries and such for the team which may affect future play. My main pickup last year was Demarco Murry and he pretty much won it for me before getting hurt in the last week or two of my league.

I love the enthusiasm in your play, as I got quickly addicted myself.
Enjoy.
FakeWhiteAirs
Monday Morning Quarterback

Re: If you were the GM of my team, what would you do to cont

Postby TheBeaker » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Man, sit tight. i dont know how you got so stacked with starters in a 12 man league but other than playing the waiver wire just sit tight. This is my first year as well and im having to learn that patience lesson. I love fiddling as well but sometimes you just have to let a good thing ride.
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 169)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions