Sit Cobb? Crazy I know....please help...WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Sit Cobb? Crazy I know....please help...WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sit Cobb? Crazy I know....please help...WHIR

Postby soon179 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:03 pm

No not Cobb over Julio Jones . Yea inconsistent I know and Cobb is tempting with Jennings out but I would go with what you have in with jones and decker. Good luck !

Help if able viewtopic.php?t=527675
soon179
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GeneralTsou » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:12 pm

The news keeps getting better for Cobb but I may have to sit him
12-team PPR

QB: Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball
WR: Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon
TE: Martellus Bennett
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Cleveland
GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby zjk924 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:42 pm

Okay so, you already started Percy Harvin, so that's one spot.
Now, here's the thing: you CAN'T sit Julio Jones. You just can't. He's too good and can explode at ANY time. And I'm not even saying he could have a great game, hell, he may be horrible for the whole game, and then explode for a 70 yard touchdown pass with 3 minutes to go. He's just one of those guys, like Victor Cruz against the Redskins last week, who does that kind of stuff. He's one of those players that has practically unlimited upside, and you just have to stick with him. And Eagles defense is a bit anemic, they're not that strong against the pass. WAYYYYYY too much upside to side Jones.

Which means it comes down to Decker vs. Cobb. So, let's look at the matchups:
Decker is at home vs. the ATROCIOUS Saints, so that's +2 for Decker. Cobb is also at home, against the pretty much equally atrocious Jacksonville, so that's +2 for Cobb. That's a wash.
Decker's QB is Peyton Manning, who is one of the best quarterbacks in the league, so that's +1 for Decker. Cobb's QB is Aaron Rodgers, who is ALSO one of the best quarterbacks in the league, so that's +1 for Cobb. However, I'd say that Aaron Rodgers edges out Peyton Manning OH SO SLIGHTLY. It's a close finish, but Rodger is just a little bit better, so the edge there goes to Cobb.
Now, we look at who else is on the team. Decker is not the #1 wideout for Peyton Manning- that would be Demaryius Thomas. Normally, Cobb wouldn't be the #1 for Aaron Rodgers either, but Jennings is out, and Nelson may ALSO be out. This makes Cobb a viable #1. And when you consider that Cobb has a lot of after-receiving yards, he's a very explosive player. Even when the secondary is focused on shutting him down, Aaron Rodgers is the type of quarterback to get the ball to him, AND he's the type of player to make the most of every situation.

TL;DR: Cobb, Jones, and Harvin over Decker.
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)

Postby GeneralTsou » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:07 pm

zjk924 wrote:Okay so, you already started Percy Harvin, so that's one spot.
Now, here's the thing: you CAN'T sit Julio Jones. You just can't. He's too good and can explode at ANY time. And I'm not even saying he could have a great game, hell, he may be horrible for the whole game, and then explode for a 70 yard touchdown pass with 3 minutes to go. He's just one of those guys, like Victor Cruz against the Redskins last week, who does that kind of stuff. He's one of those players that has practically unlimited upside, and you just have to stick with him. And Eagles defense is a bit anemic, they're not that strong against the pass. WAYYYYYY too much upside to side Jones.

Which means it comes down to Decker vs. Cobb. So, let's look at the matchups:
Decker is at home vs. the ATROCIOUS Saints, so that's +2 for Decker. Cobb is also at home, against the pretty much equally atrocious Jacksonville, so that's +2 for Cobb. That's a wash.
Decker's QB is Peyton Manning, who is one of the best quarterbacks in the league, so that's +1 for Decker. Cobb's QB is Aaron Rodgers, who is ALSO one of the best quarterbacks in the league, so that's +1 for Cobb. However, I'd say that Aaron Rodgers edges out Peyton Manning OH SO SLIGHTLY. It's a close finish, but Rodger is just a little bit better, so the edge there goes to Cobb.
Now, we look at who else is on the team. Decker is not the #1 wideout for Peyton Manning- that would be Demaryius Thomas. Normally, Cobb wouldn't be the #1 for Aaron Rodgers either, but Jennings is out, and Nelson may ALSO be out. This makes Cobb a viable #1. And when you consider that Cobb has a lot of after-receiving yards, he's a very explosive player. Even when the secondary is focused on shutting him down, Aaron Rodgers is the type of quarterback to get the ball to him, AND he's the type of player to make the most of every situation.

TL;DR: Cobb, Jones, and Harvin over Decker.

thanks for the great insight
12-team PPR

WR: Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon
GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GeneralTsou » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Jacksonville's top two CB Derek Cox and Rashean Mathis are both questionable. Bump for Cobb?
12-team PPR

GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby zjk924 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Oh most definitely- I mean, I'm pretty sure it's Cobb either way
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GeneralTsou » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:20 am

last chance to make lineup decisions
12-team PPR

GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby redbullguy416 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:18 am

Harvin decker and Cobb. Never know what Julio will do and it's looking like jordy Nelson won't play so Cobb is a must start vs the jags
redbullguy416
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby buckgus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:21 am

I would go with jones, Harvin for sure.. And decker has to be the third with that NO game! That will be a crazy pass happy game

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=527857
buckgus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby zjk924 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:15 am

Jones, Harvin, and Cobb- look at my analysis above as to why Cobb > Decker
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff