Offers for MJD replacement - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Offers for MJD replacement

Moderator: Football Moderators

Offers for MJD replacement

Postby azuarc » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm a FF rookie, and after stating that I need some help shoring up my RB situation with the injury to Jones-Drew, I received two offers. I'm not sure if they're good offers or trying to snow me. It's a Yahoo league, and Yahoo's opinion on the trade is...well, I don't trust it.

League is 0.5 PPR, otherwise standard scoring. My main tangible assets are at my TE position, where I have Gonzalez and Miller. I use both each week to fill TE and flex, so trading one is essentially downgrading my flex position to one of my mediocre receivers. (Manningham, Gibson, Hixon)

Offer 1 is Stevan Ridley and Kenny Britt for Gonzalez and Maclin. Aside from the fact that Ridley still has a bye to play out during the time I'm looking for my replacement to fill, I'm really not sure how dependable of point production he is. His scores seem to be up and down from week-to-week. Were it only Ridley for Gonzalez, I'd be less skeptical, but that's also the guy's top RB, so I understand why he wants to also upgrade from Britt to Maclin. (Still, he's getting the top-scoring TE in the league.) Or is Britt poised to take off now that he's healthy?

Offer 2 is Jonathan Stewart and William Powell for Miller. Powell's of no interest to me, so this is really Stewart for Miller. Yahoo is up on Stewart's point potential, and he's rated 30-ish on most lists I've looked at, but I have a hard time wanting to buy stock in a guy with 142 yards and 0 TDs on the ground so far. He's maybe splitting time with Williams, and the two have combined for about 53 YPG. Losing Miller is less of a loss, but I'm unconvinced.

For reference, league uses 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE, 1 flex. These are my current list of suspects:
WR: Nicks, Maclin, Moore, Gibson, Manningham, Hixon
RB: Lynch, MJD, Draughn
TE: Gonzalez, Miller
azuarc
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Offers for MJD replacement

Postby Mean One » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Definitely do not accept offer #2. !+) That one hurts just to look at it. You are being taken advantage of with that deal for Miller.

Offer #1 is not bad but you don't need the baggage Britt brings to the table at this time. A world of talent but a history of injuries and off-the-field problems make him a huge risk. Gonzalez you must keep unless you are recieving a better RB than Ridley. I would counter his offer and send instead Miller for Ridley and see if he goes for it.

Was this an AutoDraft, by chance? Just curious . . . . .
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby T-Lo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:26 pm

I wouldn't take either trade.

Any decent RBs on waivers? It hurts to lose a solid back, get the best backup you can even w/o a trade.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Postby azuarc » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:49 pm

No, not an autodraft. The product of my own first-time bunglings.

Unfortunately, it's a 14-team league, so there isn't much available in the FA pool. Best (as far as I could tell) available were Mike Goodson, Ronnie Brown, and Jamie Harper. Obviously I lost out on the waiver for Rashad Jennings.
azuarc

Postby machine3 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Hmmmm... In your situation, I might have to think about offer #2. I really don't expect Miller to keep up the pace he's on right now, and you have Gonzalez who just had his bye week so Miller would be sitting on your bench. Stewart is supposedly going to be the workhorse back according to reports. If I was in your situation, I would really have to think it over and I might actually pull the trigger.
machine3
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby azuarc » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:19 pm

machine3 wrote:...so Miller would be sitting on your bench. Stewart is supposedly going to be the workhorse back according to reports. If I was in your situation, I would really have to think it over and I might actually pull the trigger.

Oh, I haven't ignored it, but assuming Stewart will indeed be the workhorse back and also get more than 60 YPG is a gamble on hoping the change in Panther management will have an impact. Plus, Miller isn't riding the pine -- he's my flex.
azuarc

Postby azuarc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:32 pm

So no other thoughts then? ok, thanks for your help.
azuarc

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions