I just traded away Matty Ice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

I just traded away Matty Ice

Moderator: Football Moderators

I just traded away Matty Ice

Postby TaDa » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:28 pm

I'm in a complicated total points league where we do head to head weekly (total points winner gets much more money than H2H)

So because it's total points, we start 3 QB, 5RB, 6WR, 2K and 2DST

My team was:

Matt Ryan
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Andrew Luck

Darren McFadden
Chris Johnson
Ahmad Bradshaw
Alex Green
Alfred Morris

Jordy Nelson
Dwayne Bowe
Santana Moss
Jeremy Kerley
Malcolm Floyd
Brian Hartline

Prater
Barth

Cowboys
Chargers

So far I'm in 9th place mainly because of the poor production from my DST and WRs, not to mention 2 RBs that are currently on my kill list. So I figured good time to buy low and sell high to the guy in 10th place.

I traded him Matt Ryan, Ahmad Bradshaw and Santana Moss for Mark Sanchez, Matt Forte and Megatron. I obviously take a large hit at QB, but I think I did an okay upgrade at RB (Forte is healthier than Bradshaw with his foot ready to fall off) and a pretty damn big upgrade at WR.

Would appreciate your thoughts.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I just traded away Matty Ice

Postby Drunk Drafting » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Man, I would like to like this but I feel the hit at QB is too big.

And while Bradshaw's foot is liable to fall off, it hasn't yet and he's outperformed Forte so far this year.

But I also feel the upgrade at WR almost makes up for the downgrade at QB.

Man, this is just a really even trade in my opinion and like you said, this one may come down to injuries at the end of the year but that is going to be hard to predict right now.

So I guess in really looking it over, you did OK here, much better than I thought at first.

Could use some help here btw:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=527588
Drunk Drafting
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sm28185 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm

thanks for your help with mine

i think the drop in QB might be too much. bradshaw's been great and the bears haven't really let forte loose. if megatron and the lions get it going, that might help things.

if everyone keeps playing at their current levels, i'd say the trade probably went in the other guy's favor.
sm28185
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TaDa » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:39 pm

I appreciate the feedback so far. It's definitely a trade where I am counting on Megatron coming back to the beast that he is.

The QB trade made me nervous since Sanchez is a bum, but I just couldn't pass up the upgrade at WR. Moss had a great week, but I think that it was a peak week. Megaton has been getting so many targets that I think it's a matter of time. Also, Bradshaw scares me. His foot is a perpetual problem, and now he has two RBs behind him that should start getting more time. I do plan on upgrading Sanchez in the future by trading away a draft pick for next year for a QB1. Or if it doesn't work out, I might trade away my team for picks
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby ShaneDav122 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:45 pm

This may be dumb logic but I always hate "counting on" a WR, I like my WR's to be quasi dice rolls and my RB and QB's to be sure things (of course I still LOVE Megatron and I think he's a top 3 WR this year) but yeah, to agree with everyone so far I think Rex Ryan is to a QB what Matt Shanahan is to a RB
ShaneDav122
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby martyhabs » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Yes I agree with everyone one Ryan for Sanchez hurts too much. For me putting Luck instead would be a bit more even, but even then I'm not sure CJ is going to step up his game for the rest of the season...

Thanks for answering to my topic btw
martyhabs
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mean One » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Being 9th place in a 10-team league is tough whereas total points are huge with that many player positions needed each week for a starting lineup. You had to do something and I personally like the trade for you. If you get PPR I see this trade more in your favor in the weeks ahead. Sanchez has his problems with no legit #1 WR to depend on but he is relatively consistant from one week to the next points-wise. You can always trade for an upgrade at QB so this trade solved your WR problem moreso than it downgraded your QB situation. I like it long-term.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions