BIG TRADE: Megatron & Ridley for Jordy Nelson & Lynch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

BIG TRADE: Megatron & Ridley for Jordy Nelson & Lynch

Moderator: Football Moderators

BIG TRADE: Megatron & Ridley for Jordy Nelson & Lynch

Postby harvinbargain » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:14 pm

I've been offered the followinf trade:

Jordy Nelson & Marshawn Lynch for Calvin Johnson & Stevan Ridley

My league is an 8 man PPR league.

My roster is:

QB: Vick
RB: Matt Forte, Ryan Mathews, Reggie Bush, Stevan Ridley, Michael Turner, Michael Bush
WR: Calvin Johnson, Wes Welker, Steve Smith, Lance Moore, Jeremy Maclin
TE: Owen Daniels, Antonio Gates

I feel like Ridley is on the decline and Nelson has a capable quarterback distributing the ball to him. Would it be crazy to get rid of Megatron?
harvinbargain
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: BIG TRADE: Megatron & Ridley for Jordy Nelson & Lynch

Postby bandoogie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:09 am

I own Ridley so I know how frustrating it is. He won't get a full complement of carries from game to game. I'm looking to shop him myself. Apparently, Nelson is dealing with a hamstring problem that might cause him to miss the next game. I know Megatron is top dog as I owned him last year, but unlike others I'm not against trading him away. However, this Nelson injury thing may give you the opportunity to offer Welker instead and still keep Calvin. Your call, but as is, I would probably do the deal if not for the Nelson injury.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=527647
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby DTMan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:21 am

Agree with the previous poster than the Nelson injury watch makes it more complicated. I would be leaning against this trade even without that, so his questionable status seals it for me. I like your RB depth and think you're well set with Mathews and Forte (who have both had their bye weeks) as starters and then your weekly choice of Bush or Ridley if you have a Flex position.

I would be more interested in an upgrade at WR3 or QB, and use some of that RB depth to get it.

Dan
DTMan
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby bandoogie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:52 pm

If the deal was done assuming Nelson was healthy, you'd have given away Megatron and Ridley who is unstable for another WR1 and a top 10 RB in Lynch. Then you would have Forte, Mathews, Bush and Lynch, 4 top 20 RB's. You could parlay any combination of that into an upgrade at WR, QB, or wherever you wanted. Assuming you can replace Mega with Welker because of Nelson's injury, then you still get those 4 RB's and you'll be sitting pretty plenty. Go with your gut.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions