Trade -Take advantage of Martin's big Day? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade -Take advantage of Martin's big Day? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade -Take advantage of Martin's big Day? WHIR

Postby Honeybadgers » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:44 pm

I've been offered Tom Brady for Doug Martin.

12 team PPR, my current QB is Vick/Romo and my Running Backs are Foster, Sproles and Martin and then Tate, A Brown and LSH on my bench.

Thinking of having him add the Law Firm to the trade so that I have RB depth and a decent fill in for Sproles bye week and i'd give up Vick or Romo.

For the most part my WR's are deep enough (Julio Jones, Cobb, A Brown, Josh Gordan and then Gennings and V Brown on IR) that I can use them for my flex.

Is Brady enough of an upgrade from Vick to give up a RB1, which are very hard to come by in our league.

He is 1-6 so far and I"m just out of the playoffs at 3-4 but have scored the 4th most points. I;m the Commish so I need to make sure I get to the playoffs. One thing I looked at is that Brady's playoff opponents are Houston, SF and Jac while Vick's are TB,Cin and Wash, Romos are Cin,Pit and NO

Leave a link and I'll help in return
Honeybadgers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade -Take advantage of Martin's big Day? WHIR

Postby bandoogie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:03 am

Honestly, looking at your roster, I don't think you need Brady. Vick will play better and then you can sell him higher than you could right now. Forget BJGE, that's a waste. Benson when he comes back would be a better option than him. Who do you have at TE? If you want to upgrade at QB and especially if you want to use Martin, go for Rodgers. Otherwise go for Peyton, but don't use Martin unless you get a +1. Take a quick look at Denver's rest-of-season schedule. Delicious!! Hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=527647
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby redkanefox2009 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:29 am

Agree with the post above, I don't think that you need to upgrade at this point. If you can get a stud TE out of it and another throw in, I would be happy to take that and sell high.

Help with mine please? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=527654&p=3491591#p3491591
redkanefox2009
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Honeybadgers » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:25 am

Thanks for the input guys. I was on the fence because getting a stud QB is hard to come by but, despite all the turnovers, Vick has been pretty steady.

Anyone else have any thoughts? WHIR
Honeybadgers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions