I desperately need opinions... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

I desperately need opinions...

Moderator: Football Moderators

I desperately need opinions...

Postby KIDA26 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:55 am

Hi guys, I just came across this website and it's great! I was reading the "Commissioners should never veto trades!" post and generally I couldn't agree more. (also, trades just go through automatically... there is no approval process in this league. IMO people can manage their teams how they see fit and that has been the rule since day 1) However, a situation has arisen in my league. I am the Commish and I was involved in a trade that sent about half the league into an uproar. Here's the deal...

His team is 2-5. My team is 4-3.

I traded him my Eli Manning, Miles Austin, DeSean Jackson, and Tony Gonzalez

for his Drew Brees, Victor Cruz and Cecil Shorts.

About half the league says the deal is fair. The other half is freaking out because they think the 2-5 team got housed in the deal. The other relevant info is that the 2-5 team is a new player. I am looking for some unbiased opinions here, so any responses would be awesome. If you want the league settings and the team rosters before the trades took place, just let me know and I will post them.
KIDA26
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I desperately need opinions...

Postby bigmck » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:26 pm

There is only one way to look at this trade. Your league has no vetos, end of discussion.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby whodey77 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:50 am

Rather have your end of the deal but there is nothing wrong with the deal
whodey77
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Hags888 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:03 am

It's fair. And the rules are the rules: no vetoes. Without knowing who the other players are on both teams, it's hard to say if it's balanced or not. But that's not even the point. Trades are never 100% balanced, and the role of the commish and trade reviewers isnt' to determine whether or not a trade is balanced: only if there is collusion or sabotage. In this case, there doesn't appear to be either. Let it stand.
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:15 am

It's not up to the league to decide what's fair as everyone has a different slant on that - guys rate players differently and teams have different needs - if there's no collusion or cheating tell them to mind their own business and let people run their team as they see fit!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby KIDA26 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it. This trade has snowballed into someone quitting the league :(
KIDA26
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Commissioner's Corner