Roster Check - 6-1-0 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Roster Check - 6-1-0

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roster Check - 6-1-0

Postby Antics » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:07 am

Well, the undefeated season is out of the window but I'd still like to win this league. I'm managing a team for my girlfriend in her family's semi-competitive PPR league (somewhat modified scoring but mostly in the sense that interceptions are penalized heavily and it's 20yds receiving = 1pt instead of 10yds receiving). If you could take a look at my roster and help me improve it for the upcoming tail end of the season I'd really appreciate it. I feel like my roster has been under performing pretty heavily outside of RG3/Tony Gonzales (especially Trent Richardson).

QB1-RG3
WR1-Hakeem Nicks
WR2-Marques Colston
RB1-Ray Rice (BYE)
RB2-Trent Richardson
TE-Tony Gonzales
K-David Akers
D-Minnesota

BN-Rashad Jennings
BN-Kyle Rudolph (only sitting here as I used him for Tony's bye week and haven't had a reason to drop him yet in spite of last night and last week...)
BN-Eli Manning
BN-Rashard Mendenhall
BN-Santana Moss
BN-Atlanta D/ST

I'm looking towards the coming playoffs and am trying to find some favorable schedule match-ups for the end of the season. I already got shut down on a trade for Willis McGahee (with Rice's workload being so light I need a more productive RB2 than Richardson). Being top of the league it's been difficult to get any trades going for obvious reasons. I'm hoping to use Eli + X to lock down a stud WR to compliment Colston but I'm pretty new to Fantasy Football so hopefully one of you guys can help me out. Thank you!
Antics
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Roster Check - 6-1-0

Postby TheBeaker » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:16 pm

I will say this:
Rices workload is likely to go up. This time last year his workload was about the same and then increased in the second half. I see that happening again.
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 169)

Re: Roster Check - 6-1-0

Postby afrosamurai » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Nicks is a monster, he's just heating up. Colston compliments him. I think once Richardson is healthy he will produce some big numbers again. Also I like Eli as your backup just in case RGIII goes down. Your team looks solid, I would swap Atlanta D for someone in FA. Im not a fan of keeping more than one D or Kicker. My only thought for switching something up would be Pairing Eli and Mendenhall and going after a better RB and a slightly lesser QB combo. (i.e. Newton/Stafford? with Ridley/McGahee/Bush?)

Just some thoughts! Good luck
afrosamurai
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings