Choose two starters - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Choose two starters - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Choose two starters - WHIR

Postby sqoosh » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:44 pm

14 team league, no PPR, 6 pt TDs, 1 per 10 yards

Already starting Demaryius Thomas, which other two of this list should be my Week 8 starters for WR and Flex?

Denarious Moore
Dwayne Bowe
Desean Jackson
Josh Gordon
Dustin Keller
sqoosh
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Choose two starters - WHIR

Postby zjk924 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:54 pm

Assuming these are all for a W/R/T flex spot:
I'd say definitely go for Desean Jackson.
Depending on how risky you wanna play it, Moore COULD be a good gamble- he's been getting touchdown passes, but Darrius Heyward-Bey is back, too. That could either mean Heyward-Bey gets the big plays, or it could mean Kansas City focuses on shutting him down and leaving Moore open. Personally, I think it's a good gambit putting Moore in, but then again I've been known to get a bit reckless in my style.
If you wanna play it a bit more safely, Dwayne Bowe is probably your boy. Gordon is still a bit risky because I don't trust Weeden as a QB, and Keller is alright, but the upside isn't as high as with the others.

Any thoughts on my dilemma? viewtopic.php?t=527704
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)

Re: Choose two starters - WHIR

Postby curtk » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks for the help with mine.

I'd rank them:
1. DeSean Jackson: Although the PHI players are often a crapshoot, I think he's in line for a big game. They bring it when coming off their bye week, and this could be a high scoring game. Jackson may have a chance to shine.
2. Denarious Moore: KC has not been good against #1 WRs, and he's got to be considered the #1 in OAK right now.
3. Dewayne Bowe: Lots of talent, but I wouldn't start him over the two above unless something changes, like he begins to show chemistry with Quinn or Cassel comes back, for instance.
4. Josh Gordon: vs SD, they may find themselves behind early and have to throw, so he's got a chance.
5. Dustin Keller: I'm starting him at TE because of Daniels' bye, but wouldn't start him over any of the WRs you have.
curtk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Who to Start/Bench