Cancel Any of these trades proposals? WHIR of course - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Cancel Any of these trades proposals? WHIR of course

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheBeaker » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:38 pm

So people dont respond quickly (or at all) to trade requests in my league so i've thrown 5 different trade requests out there to 3 different owners in hopes of making some upgrades (at QB). Can you guys give me some opinions as to whether or not i should take any of these off the table because A) I am giving up too much or B)Because im asking too much and i dont want to insult the other guy if they do decide to respond.

It is a 10 team, standard scoring non-keeper league. My team is in my sig. We start 1 QB, 2RBs 2WRs 1TE and 1 WR/RB flex (plus kicker and DEF but im going to leave those out for brevity's sake unless they are part of a trade)

I've proposed three different trade proposals to the first owner.

Team #1

QB: Ryan, Smith
RB: Foster, Kevin Smith, Lamichael James, Knowshon Moreno
WR: Torrey Smith, Jordy Nelson, Kevin Ogletree, Laurent Robinson
TE:Gonzolex, V Davis

Trade 1: From Him: Matt Ryan, Foster, Torrey Smith -- From Me: Roethilisberger, Rice, Bradshaw, Vincent Jackson

Trade 2:From Him: Matt Ryan, Vernon Davis -- From Me: Roethlisberger, Bradshaw, Bennet

Trade 3:From Him: Matt Ryan, Gonzolez, Torrey Smith -- From me: Roethlisberger, Bradshaw, Bennett, Steve Smith, Fred Jackson

Team #2
QB:Brady, Cutler
RB:Gore, Donald Brown, Michael Turner
WR: Demaryius thomas, Decker, A Bolden, D Moore, Antonio Brown,

Trade 4:From Him: Brady, Gore -- From Me: Roethlisberger, Bradshaw, Fred Jackson

Team #3
QB:Peyton, Freeman
RB:A Peterson, A Morris, Spiller
WR:julio Jones, Maclin, Josh Gordon, Mike Williams, Lance Moore

Trade 5 From Him: Peyton, Julio -- From Me: Roethlisberger, Vincent Jackson, Steve Smith

Please, any feedback/suggestions are always appreciated. Drop a link for some help back.
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 176)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cancel Any of these trades proposals? WHIR of course

Postby i_b_sparks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:29 am

I think they are all pretty fair trade proposals. However, i doubt any of them get accepted. In all of these trades, you are trying to move more players than you receive. Basically adding players value together to try and upgrade to one more superior player. It's been my experience that many people don't like to give up the best player in a deal, which is exactly what you are asking for in each deal.

Leave em on the table, because they are legit offers and someone might choose to accept. Just don't be shocked if they are declined. Good luck!
i_b_sparks
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Postby meh8653 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:10 am

Trades 3& 5have the highest chance of being accepted but i dont like trade 3 i think you give up to much to get ryan but i agree that they prob wont get done only because your offering complementary players for the best player

viewtopic.php?t=527755
meh8653
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TheBeaker » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:54 am

Yeah I know I'm looking for the best player. I guess the point is that especially with the first guy he is sooooo weak at RB after foster that adding that depth would actually be a huge improvement to his team. I really wonder if I should take the trade that includes foster off the table and just go Bradshaw + Ben for Ryan … I know that's probably a fair trade but it just somehow feels like I'm giving up too much.
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby TheBeaker » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:20 pm

quick bump

man its a slow day on here
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby i_b_sparks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Unless you can land Foster in that deal, I don't think you make the deal at all. Ryan is an improvement over Big Ben but Bradshaw is too valuable to you to throw in just to upgrade a QB. Now if you were trying to upgrade Dalton, Palmer, Flacco, or Ponder, then I'd say do it. However Big Ben is a capable QB who will be a solid producer for ya. Not worth it unless you can land Foster.
i_b_sparks
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheBeaker » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:54 pm

So are you saying trade 1 is the only one that is worth it and should cancel 2 +3?
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby i_b_sparks » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Not necessarily. They are all good fair trades for you. I guess I'm just looking at having Big Ben and Bradshaw > having Matt Ryan. Getting Vernon Davis or Gonzalez in the first 3 trades will help it balance out in your favor, but I see Big Ben as underrated and giving up a RB 2 just to upgrade your QB is counter productive. I feel like unless you are able to get a STUD in Foster then these trades are more or less balanced and equal.

Talk to the guy and let him know you've proposed 3 trades and you are willing to play with the pieces to get something done to acquire Foster. Let him know you are flexible and sell him on the fact that he needs RB depth and you can provide that. Often a player opens a trade proposal and sees that someone wants his first rd pick and automatically declines, whether they should or not. You have it to sell it to him. In my experience, it takes communication and many counter offers before a deal of this magnitude gets done.
i_b_sparks
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheBeaker » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Yeah the problem is getting people to respond. Next year I'm going to put together a league with people I know so I can hound em if necessary lol.
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions