Crazy to unload RGIII? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Crazy to unload RGIII? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Crazy to unload RGIII? WHIR

Postby JWoody82 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:59 am

I got an offer today to unload RGIII, SJax, and Nicks for Vick, Shonn Greene, Reggie Bush, and VJax. With Freeman starting to roll its tempting to take the offer since I'm hurting at RB right now and VJax is a tempting piece at WR. This league is super deep so the answers are rarely found on waivers. What do you think about this move? Am I talking myself into a bad trade here?

10pt rush TD, 8pt rec TD, 6pt pass TD
standard yardage pts
start 2QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1D/ST, 1K

QB - RGIII, Stafford, Freeman, Sanchez
RB - Martin, SJax, Ballard, MJD, Mendy, Dwyer, Tanner, Hillman
WR - Marshall, Nicks, Austin, T Smith, T Young, S Hill
TE - Miller, Olsen
D - Who Cares
K - Some Guy
JWoody82
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Crazy to unload RGIII? WHIR

Postby teach42 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:29 am

That's tempting, but with that scoring format, RG3 has got to be a golden god, way more so than in most other leagues. Vjax is seriously tempting, but Green is 'sell high' right now, and Bush has been meh since Week 3.

I dunno, my hunch is that the points you lose from RG3 doesn't offset what you gain, especially with Nicks on the mend. I don't see enough to pull the trigger.
teach42
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)

Postby JWoody82 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Thanks for your comments. You're right, RGIII is the man in this league--he's the top point scorer ahead of Aaron Rodgers by 2pts. I'm just really concerned about my situation at RB right now with MJD out for who knows how long. With RB as dicey as it is this year, replacing SJax and Vick Ballard or Mendenhall when he gets healthy with Bush and Greene seems like it could be a legit improvement. Anyone else have any input?
JWoody82
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby big.d57 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:47 pm

teach42 wrote:That's tempting, but with that scoring format, RG3 has got to be a golden god, way more so than in most other leagues. Vjax is seriously tempting, but Green is 'sell high' right now, and Bush has been meh since Week 3.

I dunno, my hunch is that the points you lose from RG3 doesn't offset what you gain, especially with Nicks on the mend. I don't see enough to pull the trigger.

This. For RGIII you could receive a top tier Running back or Wide Receiver or maybe both. You should stay put or make a counter offer for some of his top guys.
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions