Jon Dwyer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jon Dwyer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jon Dwyer

Postby Kevin31c » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:30 am

If Dwyer has another nice start against the redskins, what do you think of him running away with the starting role?
Kevin31c
Water Boy
Water Boy

Response Team
(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jon Dwyer

Postby Guru13 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:04 pm

I highly doubt he'll take the lead role if Mendenhall is healthy but I really like Dwyer. I think maybe coming from a triple option offense in college that it may have just taken him a few years to get used to the pro-style, so maybe he's still got room to grow? He's obviously far more valuable to dynasty leaguers, but he's gotta be rostered in redrafts.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Lung » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:13 am

Agreed with the above.

Mendenhall is the unquestioned starter when healthy.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:45 pm

This writer is high on Dwyer but I like Mendenhall

Dwyer makes his case to remain the No. 1 back
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 11:45 pm | Updated: 12:13 am, Mon Oct 29, 2012.
By Andrew Chiappazzi Times Sports Correspondent

PITTSBURGH — There was a time, not all that long ago, when Jonathan Dwyer was the odd man out.

As the Steelers went through training camp in 2011, it looked like the second-year running back from Georgia Tech was done with Pittsburgh. Rashard Mendenhall was the starter, Isaac Redman was the back-up and goal-line back, Mewelde Moore was the veteran and Baron Batch was the hot young rookie.

Then Batch went down for the year, Mendenhall was hurt in early October and Dwyer got his chance. Dwyer ran for 107 yards on 11 carries against Tennessee last October, and though he appeared in just two more games the rest of the way, it likely kept his hopes alive for playing for the Steelers in 2012.

“All the work and prayer and sacrifice is what this job is about,” Dwyer said. “Knowing that this is what I want to do the rest of my life, I’m going to do whatever I have to do to live my dream everyday.”

What Dwyer is doing is perhaps making Medenhall and Redman his back-ups. Dwyer had his second consecutive 100-yard game Sunday against Washington; his 17-carry, 107-yard performance was the first time a Pittsburgh running back had back-to-back 100-yard rushing games since Willie Parker in 2008. His teammates have noticed.

“I think it’s just a matter of him stepping up to the challenge,” guard Willie Colon said. “There’s so much talk about Mendenhall and Isaac, I think he understands this is his time and he’s making a campaign for being the No. 1 back and you have to proud of him.”

con't...

more: http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steel ... 06e7b.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:23 am

Dwyer is Doubtful this week. This RB situation will be a mess next week
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Football Talk