QUICK! -- JSTEW OR JEREMY KERLEY @ FLEX? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

QUICK! -- JSTEW OR JEREMY KERLEY @ FLEX?

Moderator: Football Moderators

QUICK! -- JSTEW OR JEREMY KERLEY @ FLEX?

Postby jt0143a » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:07 am

So right now I am between JStew and Jeremy Kerley for my flex. I know conventional wisdom is to start stewart with the news that he will be the feature back this week, but he is playing at chicago, perhaps the fiercest defense I have ever seen. Kerley is playing at home against miami, and is easily the primary receiver with holmes out, and he had a great week last week. All that considered, who would you start? Thanks guys
jt0143a
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: QUICK! -- JSTEW OR JEREMY KERLEY @ FLEX?

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:08 am

I would go with J-Stew based on his workload.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby buckgus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:11 am

Chicago will shut Stew down. Kerley getting the looks, is the 1st option in NY
Go with Kerley.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=527857
buckgus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Delhomme17 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:12 am

JStew for sure. The Lions actually ran decently well against the Bears last week.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 514)

Postby jt0143a » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:12 am

11stever11 wrote:I would go with J-Stew based on his workload.
Yeah I get that, I mean I feel like Jstew is the safer play, guaranteed at least 4-6 points, but I cant help but feel like kerley has the bigger potential. Plus if it gets into the goalline in chicago im sure the ball is going to tolbert. I really am torn here! any other advice people?!?!
jt0143a
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jt0143a » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:14 am

Delhomme17 wrote:JStew for sure. The Lions actually ran decently well against the Bears last week.
yeah true, but leshoure is better than stewart really, as is detroit's O-line over carolina's.
jt0143a
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Delhomme17 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:18 am

I feel like you're looking for a reason not to start JStew. If you wanna play Kerley, roll with him. Sometimes you've just gotta go with your gut ;-D .
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jt0143a » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:20 am

Delhomme17 wrote:I feel like you're looking for a reason not to start JStew. If you wanna play Kerley, roll with him. Sometimes you've just gotta go with your gut ;-D .

haha that's EXACTLY what I am looking for. To be honest stew has just burned me too many times this season. granted there is a new scheme in carolina, but i'll believe it when I see it. The real problem is that while kerley has the potential to have a 20 point game, which stew I dont think does, kerley also has the potential to put up a doughnut, especially with sanchez throwing. I feel like I should minimize risk though after getting a great start out of martin thursday, I think ill go with stew just as the safe bet, but I have a feeling kerley is gunna have the better day. god I hate fantasy lol
jt0143a
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Delhomme17 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:27 am

jt0143a wrote:
Delhomme17 wrote:I feel like you're looking for a reason not to start JStew. If you wanna play Kerley, roll with him. Sometimes you've just gotta go with your gut ;-D .

haha that's EXACTLY what I am looking for. To be honest stew has just burned me too many times this season. granted there is a new scheme in carolina, but i'll believe it when I see it. The real problem is that while kerley has the potential to have a 20 point game, which stew I dont think does, kerley also has the potential to put up a doughnut, especially with sanchez throwing. I feel like I should minimize risk though after getting a great start out of martin thursday, I think ill go with stew just as the safe bet, but I have a feeling kerley is gunna have the better day. god I hate fantasy lol

Heh, it's always that way, isn't it? "I'll play Guy A, but I KNOW Guy B will have a good game." You play Guy A and Guy B goes off, so next time you go with the high-upside Guy B-type and he drops a goose egg. Yeah, fantasy can be a bitch. FWIW I think you're making the right call with JStew, but I wouldn't blame you for going with Kerley.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jt0143a » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:32 am

Delhomme17 wrote:
jt0143a wrote:

Heh, it's always that way, isn't it? "I'll play Guy A, but I KNOW Guy B will have a good game." You play Guy A and Guy B goes off, so next time you go with the high-upside Guy B-type and he drops a goose egg. Yeah, fantasy can be a bitch. FWIW I think you're making the right call with JStew, but I wouldn't blame you for going with Kerley.
ha alright cool I appreciate it man, if it doesnt work out I can always just blame you right? lol
jt0143a
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench