I gotta bench Cobb, right? - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

I gotta bench Cobb, right? - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

I gotta bench Cobb, right? - WHIR

Postby teach42 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:13 am

It's killing me because I know how huge of a play he is potentially this week...

But I have Cruz, Colston, and Mike Wallace.

Would you bench any of those three to play Cobb???

I'm 3-4, so this is a must win week and I'm already in a hole with my opp having Doug Martin. So I need to come up big this week.

Share your link, WHIR
teach42
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I gotta bench Cobb, right? - WHIR

Postby mpt3489 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:23 am

Obviously Cruz is a must-start. So to me the decision comes down to Cobb and Colston. They are really close to me. Both have great matchups and are a huge part of explosive offenses. The Denver-NO game is more likely to be a shoot-out, than JAC-GB. I think Cobb is going to go off and he just makes big plays. This is a really tough call, but I would go with Cobb and Cruz.

Help?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=527882
mpt3489
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby buckgus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:26 am

Cruz has to be in there.... But I like colston in their shootout with Denver

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=527857
buckgus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby teach42 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:29 am

Sorry for not clarifying, but I can play three. Considering nobody has mentioned Wallace yet, are ya'all thinking Cobb over Wallace?? Considering how soft the Redskins D is against WR's, I was thinking that he was a no-brainer as well.
teach42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sinicalypse » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:30 am

i think jordy nelson is supposed to be out today.... or at least ESPN's crawl said he's prolly not gonna go. if he doesnt go, that leaves james jones / cobb / finley / crabtree as aa-rod's arsenal, and he's gotta pass to someone.

while conventional wisdom says to stick with your studs, i'm a bit partial to cobb cuz i've had him for most of the season and i've had his run of 10+ pt weeks in a 0.5ppr league and i'm enjoying it.... but this is an awfully close call. i very well might be tempted to go with cobb if nelson's out, otherwise you can't go wrong with colston as brees' #1 guy....

basically, if all things are equal, it's about as legitimate of a tossup as you can get. cobb's gotten these #s rotating series with driver and others in the slot, so if he's in every series and he's been getting these #s lately, really, i think you're set to win either way... sorry if this doesn't help much, but my best advice is to kick back relax and strap it down cuz you're likely gonna get 10+ either way in a PPR league.... if it's PPR and cobb is more likely to cement his floor with reception points, i think he has more of an upside cuz the cupboard is a bit more bare.... in standard scoring, i think colston is prolly still the way to go cuz he's the #1 target, esp with graham out/gimpy, and he's more likely to score.

take a gander @ mine will ye? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=527886
sinicalypse
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sinicalypse » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:31 am

oh lol.... mike wallace. seeing as it's gonna be raining and hurricaney in pittsburgh, i might be inclined to go with the killer Cs and do cobb/colston.
sinicalypse
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teach42 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:38 am

Responded to all.

Didn't even look at weather report. Good call! May help serve as tie breaker.

Oh, and in the continuing effort to provide info I forgot to put in the first post, it's a non-PPR
teach42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench