3-5: Load up or toss it in?? *WHIR* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

3-5: Load up or toss it in?? *WHIR*

Moderator: Football Moderators

3-5: Load up or toss it in?? *WHIR*

Postby teach42 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:35 am

After yet another blow out, I'm now 3-5. I'll be in third in my division behind two 5-3 teams. What's frustrating is that I've outscored each of those two teams ahead of me by about 100 points on the season. All about the matchups, I know that.

So at this point, I need to decide. Invest in this team, trying to make a move while breaking the salary cap, and making a championship run... or throwing in the towel and trading for keepers.

10 team, non PPR. 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex. $50 auction, if I break the cap next year my auction budget will be around $43

QB: P Manning / RG3
RB: Lynch / MJD / Turner / Spiller
WR: Cruz / Colston / Wallace / Cobb / Maclin / Amendola
TE: Gonzalez

RG3 is prolly my biggest commodity, and I have some depth at WR. I figure if I make a couple of trades, I may be able to get back another RB1/RB2 to play until MJD gets back.

The rest of my schedule is all against division rivals, including two games against one of the teams below me. And as I mentioned, I have more overall points than both the teams ahead of me right now.

What do you think?? Try to pull off a big trade and break the salary cap? Or is it time to accept the fact that I only have 3 wins and throw in the towel?
teach42
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 3-5: Load up or toss it in?? *WHIR*

Postby teach42 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Anyone? Could use some advice.
teach42
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)

Re: 3-5: Load up or toss it in?? *WHIR*

Postby Ziov » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:17 pm

You have a solid team. You have great QBs, decent RBs (I'd be starting Lynch and Spiller with MJD out), Cruz/Colston is an above-average WR combo and Turner/Cobb/Amendola are good flex options.

The only trade I'd consider is one of your QBs for an RB1, and only an RB1 - don't take anything less. If you can't find a deal like that to make I'd say just stick it out with the players you have.

Even at 3-5 you shouldn't be in panic mode and you shouldn't be thinking about giving up. Once Amendola (and eventually MJD, hopefully) come back you'll be looking better, and I'd expect you to make the playoffs.

Give my team a look? viewtopic.php?t=528273
Ziov
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 28)

Return to Roster Ratings