Do you consider this collusion? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Do you consider this collusion?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do you consider this collusion?

Postby shippityship » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:26 pm

Team A doesn't know anyone in the league, but I get the feeling he's a bit of an idiot and realizes his season is over. I don't even know him personally but thru a mutual friend. Team B is a good friend. Team A is 1-7 and B is 3-5 in a 12 man league where 6 teams make playoffs. Team A is obviously all but gone and Team B still in the thick of things.

Non PPR standard scoring QB WR WR WR RB RB etc

Team A

QB- Cam, Kolb
WR- Hartline, DHB, Titus Young, Greg Jennings
RB- Gore, Matthews, Murray, Alex Green

Team B

QB- Roeth, Vick
WR- Megatron, AJ Green, Lance Moore, Kendall Wright
RB- Reggie Bush, Donald Brown, Darren Sproles

Trade is Team A's Cam Newton, Titus Young and Frank Gore ---for--- Team B's Roethlisburger, Lance Moore and Donald Brown

I know the philosophy on not stepping in the way of trades but Team A has really been a pain in the ass all year and this probably affects the playoff race. Also given the fact that he's 1-7 this trade could be him just not thinking and clicking buttons/not caring about the league...but there is a 0% chance this is 'collusion' in the traditional sense of him and Team B working together as they do not know each other.

Opinions?
shippityship
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Do you consider this collusion?

Postby Hags888 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:31 am

Nope.

I was tempted to leave it at that, but let me explain. Trades are never 100% even, and everyone will value players differently. While it's true that the 1-7 team is probably out of it, with 6 playoff teams, he still has a chance mathematically, so don't count him out already. And you can't fault a team for improving their roster through a trade...that is the whole point of trades! Let me break it down for you:

Cam Newton < Ben Roethlisberger
-Newton still has upside, but Roethlisberger has been a top 10 QB all year and technically is a better QB. Newton always has the potential for big numbers, but has been a disappointment this year.

Titus Young = Lance Moore
-With the injury to Nate Burleson, Young has emerged as Stafford's #2, and after last week, things finally seem to be clicking for Detroit. Moore is the 3rd option for Brees as best, and looked a lot better when Graham was injured, but he's not. Either player has potential to go off in a given week, but neither guy is a #1 option.

Gore > Brown
-Brown is coming back from injury and regaining his lead back role, but his upside is still capped when compared to Gore.

This trade is dead even by my count. Not collusion in the slightest.
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby marioman123 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:09 pm

Agree with above post. Its a even trade, I'd rather have Roethlisberger over Gore though.
marioman123
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stomperrob » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:37 am

No collusion, no cheating = no veto

See: viewtopic.php?t=524568
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby 8rattoon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Pretty even. Definitely not enough evidence to overturn this. I agree that Cam is slightly below Big Ben, Moore=Young and Gore>>>Brown but I just don't think this gives Team B much of an advantage.
8rattoon
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby rotomedic » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:51 pm

I agree with the others. Definitely not collusion. Its a pretty fair trade. Actually Frank Gore is probably the best player being traded.
rotomedic
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby craftylefty18 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:20 pm

I would agree..not collusion.
craftylefty18
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Commissioner's Corner