Defense Analyzer - Week 9 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Defense Analyzer - Week 9

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Defense Analyzer - Week 9

Postby prince_45243 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Thanks for the support. To be honest, many other systems have performed as well or better than the analyzer and I try to point those out to folks who want to see it. This is a good week as I accurately predicted a good week for SD and didn't put DET, MIA, DEN or PIT on my list all of which struggled and were well represented on other lists. Now in the 3rd quarter though, my ATL pick isn't holding up very well /sigh. But in order to create my fantasy specific passing and rushing defenses as well as the toughness of schedule, I have to generate the excel sheets that generate the defense/ST predictions anyway.

I'm curious if anyone looks at the passing/rushing sheet. The toughness of schedule is something I almost never see in anyone else's lists and a player non-specific pass/rush has been very helpful to me. There are very few 'studs', imho, that should be started every week because they perform well against all defenses and most players can have their performance predicted well by their opponent. I think the toughness helps me a lot in determining whether a defense is legitimately a good passing or rushing defense as well.

I wish I could get a stat for indoor and home/away games more easily. I'm pretty sure teams perform differently based on weather and home field advantages but nfl.com stats don't provide stats specific to home or away games. I could, if I were crazier than I am now, figure out all of the indoor stadiums and look at the @ sign on the schedule but this is hard enough to produce every week and we'd have half the data going into the analysis every week. If anyone knows of someplace where such data exist already tabulated, that would be easiest for me to import into the analysis.

But again, many thanks for the support and appreciation of the analyzer. It's not bad for a free article :)
-Prince_45243
prince_45243
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Defense Analyzer - Week 9

Postby big.d57 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Denver was actually a great pickup for me this week as they netted me 18 points. As for Minnesota, they disappointed me but it was a risky play. Oh well, my San Francisco defense will be back next week. Doug Martin more then made up for Minnesota's poor play.
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Who to Start/Bench