Megatron for Charles? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Megatron for Charles?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Megatron for Charles?

Postby Five4Five » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:16 am

A guy in one of my leagues keeps offering me Jamaal Charles for Calvin Johnson. I haven't accepted because I feel like Megatron is bound to get on track. Plus I have some depth at RB (Ridley, Mathews, McGahee, and CJ2K), and I'm first overall in my league at 6-2, and haven't really felt the need to make a change. But I'm wondering if I should make the trade, and then try to use Charles or Ridley in another trade for a WR like Julio Jones, or Percy Harvin. Should I keep waiting on Calvin Johnson and hope he comes around? Or trade him and try to make a move for another top WR? 10 team standard league, no ppr, here's my whole roster:

QB - Matt Ryan
Carson Palmer

RB - Stevan Ridley
Ryan Mathews
Willis McGahee
Chris Johnson

WR - Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Dwayne Bowe
Mike Williams
Antonio Brown

TE - Kyle Rudolph
Brandon Pettigrew

DST - Bears

K - Matt Bryant
Five4Five
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Megatron for Charles?

Postby Calix » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:29 am

Charles is way to hit or miss to trade straight up for Megatron. Your team is solid I say stick with what you have. Megatron will come around, there is no hope for the Lions unless they get the ball to him, and they will figure out how to do it. Now that Young scorched Seattle, teams will have to figure out how to stop him as well which opens up Megatron a little more, and Broyles is a solid slot receiver, so it will come just be patient.

Thanks on mine btw.
Calix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 29)

Postby CKY_ROX » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:33 am

I dont think that I would do this trade. Charles is fun to watch, but right now I think that your team is solid enough that giving up on megatron now would just hurt you. I think that he will get it together, and relying on Charles is a great way to get some grey hairs

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=528171

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby NorthwesternIllini4 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:02 pm

I think you should avoid that trade straight up. The Lions abandon the run very quickly, and will continue forcing the ball to Megatron. Conversely, the Chiefs have no idea how to use Charles week-to-week, so he's a little risky as a RB. Not to mention, you have 3 feature backs already. I think your team is in excellent shape as is.
NorthwesternIllini4
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions