Need a WR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need a WR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need a WR!

Postby ob187 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:30 pm

Which of the following WRs are a good return to trade Josh Freeman for? I need a WR.

Denarius Moore, Steve Johnson, Kenny Britt, Andre Johnson, Lance Moore, Jeremy Maclin, Mike Williams, Danny Amendola
Last edited by ob187 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ob187
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Josh Freeman for Lance Moore?

Postby ob187 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:50 pm

Here are some other choices:

Team that has Cam and Ponder as QBs:

His WRs: Welker, Antonio Brown, DMoore, Steve Johnson, Boldin, Britt

Team that has Flacco and Luck as QBs:

His WRs: Wayne, Maclin, MWilliams, Moss, Amendola, Hartline

Team has Rivers, ASmith as QBs:
His WRs: Andre Johnson, Nicks, Dez, Lance Moore, Bess
ob187
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Re: Need a WR!

Postby broseph jacobs » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:32 pm

It's tough to know what you're going to be able to get for Josh Freeman. He's on a hot streak, so if there's someone in your league in need of a Q, this seems like a good time to sell high on Freeman. That being said, he has some decent match-ups down the stretch (esp weeks 9, 10, 14, 15, and 16), and with VJax and M Williams both making plays (and Martin setting up the run game with a vengeance), Freeman could be in-line to be a top 10 Q in the second half of this season. These are just my opinions, of course.

Just for arguments' sake, let's say you can get all the choices you listed. Here are my thoughts:
- Lance Moore is hit or miss under Brees because the ball is spread around so much. At 53.50 total points (standard scoring, non-PPR format) over seven weeks played, Lance is averaging just 7.64 per week. That's not great.
- The other Moore - Denarius Moore - is a good option. He's the #1 WR in a Oakland system which, like Tampa, is starting to click with DMC in the running game. A good running game usually opens up a good passing game. With Moore and DHB both healthy and Palmer settling in, I'd say Moore finishes the year as a top 20 wide out. I'd be comfortable starting Moore as a WR2 on a weekly basis.
- Maclin: where has the guy gone? The hope for the Eagles has been anything but consistent. Although he has a great matchup this week against the putrid Saints pass D, he's just one of those guys you have to start EVERY week to get your full value, because his highs and lows will only average out to get what you need to get from him. Jeremy Maclin is risky, esp given the QB drama in PHI right now.
- Stevie Johnson is Fitz' #1 target in BUF. Usually that isn't saying much after September (note how Stevie's production has drooped a bit since October), but the Bills can't rely on the run all the time. They are going to have to pass the ball; and when they do, Johnson is the guy that Ryan F is going to look for. I'd be willing to bet that S Johnson has a bit more production over the remainder of the year that Denarius Moore, but just a small amount more. Solid WR2 status in my book.
- I think it's safe to say that Andre Johnson has been one of the more disappointing fantasy players of the first half of 2012. The field seems divided 50/50: some say he'll be a bust for the remainder and that he just doesn't get the separation he used to. Others say he's a sleeper to buy low on now for the rest of the season. I tend to agree with the latter. Johnson is GOING to get TD's eventually. His production should average out before the year is over. Therefore, I expect his production to jump up in weeks 8-17. Also, take a look at the HOU schedule: BUF, JAX, TEN, NE, IND are all fantastic match-ups for Andre. If you can buy low on him, I say go for it. The production will follow his talent, no doubts about it. He's a high-upside WR2, with a chance to become a WR1 if he can get things rolling consistently. And he probably can.
- If this is a PPR league you're in, the answer is simple: get Danny Amendola. It's a no-brainer. His target numbers in the first five games of 2012 were 10.8 per game: 6th highest in the league. And his points per week were over 10 in that time span. So long as he's healthy (and we're told that he will be by week 10 after their bye) he should be a monster. I think he's a top 10, maybe top 5 WR for the second half of 2012 in PPR leagues. Regardless of how unimpressive Bradford may be at this point, a guy who's getting targeted that much, and has that much ability to separate, and who usually lines up in the slot (thus, not usually drawing CB1's), I'd call him a high WR2, maybe even a low WR1 for the rest of the season. Temper your expectations if you're not in a PPR league (he WON'T be a top 5 guy in standard leagues). Even then, he's a top 20 receiver going forward, no doubts about it.

So, there you have my opinions:
PPR? Amendola NOW!
Traditional? Amendola, Stevie, Denarius, Andre. In that order (but they're all VERY close!)
If you can't pull any of those, I'd be rather happy settling for Lance Moore. Drew Brees speaks highly of him, and he's been seeing a good amount of snaps. But try to get one of the other four first. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!

-broseph
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby broseph jacobs » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:44 pm

Jeez. Just noticed you posted a second post here. Hmm...

Well, I'd say the guy asking for a Q right now would likely be the Rivers/Smith owner. Neither are reliable fantasy QB's. So let's look at who he has.

- We already talked about Andre Johnson
- Dez Bryant is a big risk. Does he have the talent? Sure. Does he have the targets? Yep. Will Romo HAVE to go to him? Yes. Is he inconsistent? HIGHLY. He's right up there with Andre: he will either turn it around and have a great second half of the year, or he'll remain a bust. I tend to stay away from guys who have as much off-field drama as Dez (wait... who else has as MUCH off-field drama as he does? I mean, he has his own group of nannies!) So, I'd probably stay away from him if I were you (or anyone else). He's averaged something like 7.80 points per game so far this year. And he's SUPPOSED to be more of a WR1 talent. It's a big risk/reward in my opinion. Plus, Andre has a more pass-friendly rest of the year than Bryant does.
- we already talked about Lance Moore
- Stay away from Davone Bess. He's not a WR1 and he's in a system that's been struggling to find a rhythm. I'd say he's likely a top 50 guy for the remainder, but I don't see a breakout game for him anytime soon, nor any possibility of surpassing Hartline in targets barring a major injury. He doesn't stack up with the other guys.
- Ah, Hakeem Nicks. What to say? Technically I'd say he's the best guy on this list. I'd usually say pick him up if at all possible. But, then again it's 2012. Ever since "returning" from the injury, he just isn't the same receiver Eli's come to rely upon. He isn't separating. He isn't fighting for the ball with the same tenacity. Strangely enough, Hakeem (who I would have drafted ahead of Dez or Andre) is struggling just as much as the other two, if not more. With Hakeem, it's a scary risk because you're dealing with the ramifications of an injury: something he probably can't control. With Andre and Dez, it's more "in their hands", if you will.

From the Smith guy, I'd say go
1) Andre Johnson
2) Dez Bryant
3) Hakeem Nicks
4) Lance Moore

Even so, I don't feel comfortable with any of these guys. But hey, if you NEED A WR!", then these are probably your best options.
Good luck, and let me know how it goes.

-broseph
- BrosePhD

(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby KIDA26 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:01 pm

ob187 wrote:Which of the following WRs are a good return to trade Josh Freeman for? I need a WR.

Denarius Moore, Steve Johnson, Kenny Britt, Andre Johnson, Lance Moore, Jeremy Maclin, Mike Williams, Danny Amendola

If you could get Stevie Johnson for Freeman I'd probably take that. If you want high risk/high possible reward, I'd go after Danny Amendola. The Amendola owner might be weary of his injury. The rest of those guys I am not very excited about but if I had to rank them, I would go: AJ, Mike WIlliams, Maclin, D Moore, and lastly Lance Moore.
KIDA26
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ob187 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:37 pm

So the following was DENIED!

- Steve Johnson for Freeman
- Denarius Moore for Freeman
- Hakeem Nicks for Freeman
- Andre Johnson for Freeman

I haven't tried Amendola for Freeman
ob187
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby broseph jacobs » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Wow, tough crowd in your league!
Ya, go for Amendola. Why not? He's a target monster with seperation.... ya, I already said all that. hahaha
Good luck!
-broseph
- BrosePhD

(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant