A. Morris for P. Harvin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

A. Morris for P. Harvin

Moderator: Football Moderators

A. Morris for P. Harvin

Postby rajun-cajun1 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:39 pm

I'm considering offering a trade of Alfred Morris for Percy Harvin and Joique Bell which after talking to the owner of the other team, I'm sure he'd accept it. This is a non-ppr league with no bonus points for yardage. RB's and WR's get 1 point per 10 yards rushing or receiving, and 6 points per TD.

At RB, I currently have Arian Foster, Doug Martin, Alfred Morris, and Rashard Mendenhall. My current WR's are Lance Moore, Dwayne Bowe, James Jones, Gregg Jennings, and Amendola. I'm not terribly desperate (current record is 5-3), but I think I need a better WR (correct me if I'm wrong about that).

Let me know what you think, and nice to meet you all.

Thanks,

Rajun Cajun
rajun-cajun1
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: A. Morris for P. Harvin

Postby rajun-cajun1 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:19 pm

My team consists of:

Tony Romo
Arian Foster
Doug Martin
Alfred Morris
Rashard Mendenhall
Lance Moore
Dwayne Bowe
James Jones
Danny Amendola
Gregg Jennings
Shayne Graham
Cardinals DEF

Any advice is appreciated.
rajun-cajun1

Postby jonnyfootball » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:33 pm

I mean, on one hand it makes sense but on the other it doesnt. You have 3 starting RB's. Your really just selling your strong flex player for a strong WR.

I don't like the play, if you were deeper at RB then yes by all means do it. But Morris is currently ranked highly with no signs of slowing down. The Vikings, as a team, show signs of slowing down.

I would roll with the receivers you have and hope they hit. If not, your 3 RB's should carry you through.
Wilson
AP | CJ2K | Ryan "broke bone" Matthews
Dez | Dwayne Bowe | TY Hilton
Official 06010 Kicker Blair Walsh
jonnyfootball
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby jonnyfootball » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:34 pm

You can get by with Bowe and Jones & wait a few weeks for Amendola to take over for Bowe.
Wilson
AP | CJ2K | Ryan "broke bone" Matthews
Dez | Dwayne Bowe | TY Hilton
Official 06010 Kicker Blair Walsh
jonnyfootball
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby rajun-cajun1 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:50 pm

thanks for your advice jonnyfootball. We don't have flex players. it's just 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1K, and 1DEF. But, I think you might be right. If Arian or D. Mart goes down, I'd need another quality RB. It's a gamble I guess. either D Martin or Morris will sit on the bench every week which is a waste of points, but might be needed if someone goes down.
rajun-cajun1

Postby Five4Five » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:31 am

If you played a flex I'd say to stick with what you got, but no flex and 3 WR's makes me think you should make this deal. Leaving Morris' points on the bench every week just in case of an injury makes no sense when you clearly need WR help, and Percy Harvin is a top 5 WR. Plus, imagine you keep Morris as insurance and he ends up getting hurt, not Foster or Martin. Then you still only have 2 RBs and no WR help. You're giving up a guy who's gonna sit on your bench most weeks, and getting a top 5 WR that is a must start every week.
Five4Five
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Ziov » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:48 am

Do it since Morris rides your bench. If this was a PPR league it'd be a no-brainer but I still think you come out ahead here.
Ziov
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 28)

Postby A-Mac » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:16 am

Yes, do this. You are not sitting on a true #1 receiver (unless you count Bowe, which most folks don't anymore...) Percy will give you points every week, and when Amendola comes back, you'll have at least a decent 1-2 punch for WR. Jones and Moore will continue to get you pretty good points, but not at the consistency that Percy/Amendola will bring. It would be even better if it was PPR, but I say go for it.

Mc
A-Mac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions