Trade got vetoed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade got vetoed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade got vetoed

Postby audiolaboratory273 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Some guy really wanted Jonathan Dwyer who I got off of the WW. He first offered me Britt for Dwyer. I said I needed more. He responded by offereing my Megatron, Britt and some other guy I don't remember. I countered back for just Dwyer for Megatron. (His RB1 is McCluster btw). It got vetoed because a few guys thought it was BS. I agree that it is BS but there was no colusion; He just doesn't know anything about FF. I talked to one of the other guys and they said, "If you could get Megatron for that cheap I'll offer him something better". They were just jealous. In ESPN leagues can the LM undo the veto?

My roster:
QB: Rodgers, Newton
RB: Bush, Martin, Bradshaw, Stewart, Dwyer
WR: Green, Wayne, Hartline, Givens
TE: Graham
K: Suisham
D/ST: Vikings
audiolaboratory273
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 50)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade got vetoed

Postby dcmove2003 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:12 pm

so two thoughts here:

1) if no collusion and both players believe they are improving their roster, trades should NOT be vetoed.
2) this trade is lopsided, and if I were in that league, while I wouldn't veto the trade, I would not be happy about it. Not because of the jealousy thing, but rather b/c it throws off the entire competitive balance of the league. I think that if you're in a league with friends et al, that ought to be a factor in how you think about trades, but again not a reason to veto.

You are absolutely correct that people veto trades b/c they are jealous they didn't think of doing the same thing first. Not a good reason to veto.
dcmove2003
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade got vetoed

Postby 42durham » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:25 pm

I run a league and I would not have vetoed it because if I don't think it's collusion, let people do what they want with trades. I don't think it's a fair trade, Megatron is much better since Dwyer may be the 3rd string back in a couple of weeks, but I could see why you would make that trade.

But, my league has a rule that if 6 managers vote against a trade, the trade gets vetoed, and won't go through. So people have to live with it. It's the only way to fairly police trades.

Please help: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=528355
12 Team league
QB Matt Ryan RB1 Arian Foster RB2 Fred Jackson WR1 Welker WR2 Cobb Flex Ridley TE Gonzalez K Hartley DEF HOU
Bench - Bolden, Vereen, Tate, CJ Spiller, DHB, Ryan Broyles, GB DEF
42durham
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions