1st FF Season, need some roster advice PLEASE! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

1st FF Season, need some roster advice PLEASE!

Moderator: Football Moderators

1st FF Season, need some roster advice PLEASE!

Postby atlambros83 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 am

Hey guys, this is my first season doing fantasy football and have been having a blast with it. Thanks to injuries and bye's the past couple of weeks I've found myself in a bit of a tough spot. I'm ranked 5th with a 4-4 record in a standard scoring 12 team league and feel I need to switch things up and was hoping to get some general trade advice and planning suggestions from you guys.

Starting roster this week:
QB
Ben Roethlisberger
RB
Ray Rice
Ahmad Bradshaw
WR
Roddy White
WR/TE
Victor Cruz
TE
Greg Olson
Flex
Randall Cobb
D/ST
Packers
K
Connor Barth

Bench:
Philip Rivers
Kyle Rudolph
Josh Gordon
Cecil Shorts
Matt Prater

I'm light in my RB's and am looking for some trade advice, who should I shoot for and offer up? I'm also worried about NYG's bye week coming up and realize I need to create some depth hoping to finish out the season playoff bound. Thanks in advance for any help given!
atlambros83
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 1st FF Season, need some roster advice PLEASE!

Postby dcmove2003 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:53 am

You're probably not going to get much advice b/c the question is way to wide open... Better to make some proposals on which to seek advice or reference a few guys on the wire that you could pick up.

I'll share three thoughts:

1) you don't need to carry two TEs and two Ks. You are essentially wasting two roster spots that you could use to take a flyer on another RB or WR. I would definitely lean in that direction.
2) You have a solid starting lineup (could possibly seek an upgrade at QB, but not much from which to trade.
3) You are right that you lack depth. I'm not sure I'd want any of those bench players on my team. That said, without knowing the top 3-5 players on the WW, I can't say who I'd pick up.
dcmove2003
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby atlambros83 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks, yeah I wasn't doubling up in those spots for any particular reason I've been picking up fillers weekly off the WW trying to get by bye weeks and whatnot. I'm usually sitting at the bottom of the WW Order since I'm on it so much so I usually have to clear my bench and place several bids hoping someone doesn't bid before me.

So yeah sorry for leaving it so open, I'm new to all this stuff and just don't really know where to begin attempting to improve my situation. Other than my core players I don't have much to put out there for a trade. I got an offer to give Cruz up for Trent Richardson but turned it down. That's about the only interest I've seen in any of my guys. I've got a claim out for Daryl Richardson and Ben Tate but doubt I'll get either thanks to my order. There isn't much left on the wire....top players being, Jay Cutler, Brandon Weeden, Ryan Fitz Patrick, Joique Bell, Jacquizz Rodgers, Peyton Hillis, Kendall Wright, Golden Tate, Ryan Broyles, Martellus Bennett, and Jared Cook.
atlambros83
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mean One » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:23 am

If this is a PPR league I would look to acquire Joique Bell and drop one of your PK's. I don't see how Tate will help you unless Foster goes down so you are merely swapping bench for bench. You need players that can help you now.

Your league only starts one WR? :-?
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby atlambros83 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:32 am

Standard Scoring ESPN League. 1 dedicated WR slot, 1 WR/TE, and 1 Flex so up to 3 WR's. :-S

Thanks for the advice on Tate though! ;-D
atlambros83
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mean One » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:06 am

I would look to acquire RB's Richardson, Bell and Rogers and drop a PK, TE (probably Olsen) and a WR off your bench. These 3 RB's will help through BYE weeks till you can acquire decent RB depth. You might want to place RB Bradshaw on the trade block and look to acquire another RB with a history of less injuries and missed playing time.
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby atlambros83 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:42 am

Lost the claim on Richardson and picked up Bell and Rodgers. Was planning on playing Olsen this week cause he seems to have a better matchup and I've gotten beaten up on Rudolph the past couple weeks. Bradshaw's been worrying me with his sore foot the past few weeks so I was thinking of trying to shop him around. Should I add Gordon or Rivers and pickup Cutler or someone on waiver claim to attempt to get a better return or do they not hold enough value to be worth it at this point? Thanks again for all the help!
atlambros83
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions