Should I take this trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Should I take this trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I take this trade?

Postby JT Money » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:46 pm

Trade: Guy offered me AJ Green for Marshawn Lynch.

My CURRENT roster.

QB: Stafford and P. Manning.

RB: Foster, Lynch, Reggie Bush, and Matthews

WR: Harvin, Marshall, Wayne, James Jones

TE: Hernandez and Miller

K: Tucker

Def: ATL

I realize that this trade would leave me lacking in depth at RB, and completely stacked at WR. But could I then turn around and trade James Jones and Reggie Wayne for a top 10 back?
JT Money
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I take this trade?

Postby KIDA26 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:03 pm

I'd probably take that. Green has been pretty damn good, and your RBs are not bad without Lynch.
KIDA26
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JT Money » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Just texted another guy in the league. No official offer, but I offered him Wayne and Matthews for Morris and Calvin Johnson. If he says he's down, then I'll make both trades. I just feel like getting rid of Lynch makes me considerably weaker at RB, and that I'll have quite a bit of talent on my bench at WR.
JT Money
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JT Money » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Hell yes.
Found a trade to go with this.

I'm trading Lynch for Green.
Then I'm trading Wayne and Matthews for Cobb and Ridley.

Wayne would rarely have started anyways once I got Green, and I never really had Matthews in.
So now I have the #1, 4, and 17 backs in my league.
And the #2, 3, 5, 12, and 17 WRs.
JT Money
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bunnnnny » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:23 pm

1st trade is good
2nd trade is bad...
Wayne > Cobb
Mathews > Ridley
bunnnnny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby JT Money » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:29 pm

bunnnnny wrote:1st trade is good
2nd trade is bad...
Wayne > Cobb
Mathews > Ridley

I definitely agree with Wayne>Cobb, but I'm not so sure Matthews is better than Ridley. Yeah, Ridley has been inconsistent this year, but he does have his big games. Matthews has been disappointing all year.
JT Money
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mean One » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:13 pm

I would tend to agree that the 2nd trade was made in haste and you accepted his counter without going back for either Megatron or Morris in return. Wayne is outproducing Megatron at this point in the season but Cobb may not continue his run in GB for the remainder of the season when Jennings and/or Nelson return.

You could have held out and recieved better value in return with both Wayne and Mathews involved as trade bait. I like Ridley but his production will be limited with Vereen and Woodhead involved in the backfield. Mathews has a huge upside with his potential (but has struggled with injuries and fumbles to date) and is a high risk/high reward type player when he explodes on the field. When is the question . . . . . If he goes down on the field with an injury again this trade will work in your favor. But as long as he is starting for SD he has the potential to make plays. His value rests on his ability to stay healthy. And not leave the ball on the ground. ;-D
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby JT Money » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Mean One wrote:I would tend to agree that the 2nd trade was made in haste and you accepted his counter without going back for either Megatron or Morris in return. Wayne is outproducing Megatron at this point in the season but Cobb may not continue his run in GB for the remainder of the season when Jennings and/or Nelson return.

You could have held out and recieved better value in return with both Wayne and Mathews involved as trade bait. I like Ridley but his production will be limited with Vereen and Woodhead involved in the backfield. Mathews has a huge upside with his potential (but has struggled with injuries and fumbles to date) and is a high risk/high reward type player when he explodes on the field. When is the question . . . . . If he goes down on the field with an injury again this trade will work in your favor. But as long as he is starting for SD he has the potential to make plays. His value rests on his ability to stay healthy. And not leave the ball on the ground. ;-D

Couldn't agree more with the second trade being made in haste-I'm just addicted to trading lol
But I ended up trading with a different guy(as in not with the team that had Morris and Megatron). I figured I could use Ridley as solid trade bait seeing as how he is #4 in my league. And I'll admit, I sacrificed Wayne seeing as how I never have him in. Regardless, not my best move.
Currently trying to trade one of my QBs and a James Jones for either Brady and Miles Austin, or Rodgers and Fitzgerald
JT Money
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions