Rate my team. Solid in the second half? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my team. Solid in the second half?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my team. Solid in the second half?

Postby JT Money » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:10 pm

I've made some great trades, and would like to think I have a damn solid team now, after starting out not so hot.

Do y'all see any of these players falling off in the second half of the season?

I put each player's rank in my league beside their name.
Also, offered a guy Manning and Jones for Brady. Doubt he'll take it. Trying to pick up a top 3 QB though.

QB: Stafford(8), P. Manning(6), A. Smith(13. picked up in FA as trade bait)
RB: Foster(1), Ridley(4), R. Bush(17)
WR: Green(2), Harvin(3), Marshall(5), Jones(12), Cobb(17)
TE: Miller(2), Hernandez(26)
K: Tucker(7)
DEF: Falcons(8)
JT Money
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my team. Solid in the second half?

Postby FirstCoast » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:33 pm

Does seem like a solid team man. If you don't do defense by committee, you could maybe do a bit better than ATL. But that's a small thing.
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)

Postby JT Money » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:36 pm

FirstCoast wrote:Does seem like a solid team man. If you don't do defense by committee, you could maybe do a bit better than ATL. But that's a small thing.

Chargers, Cardinals, Broncos, Patriots are all available teams ranked above me. Which of those would you suggest?
JT Money
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FirstCoast » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Cards defense has been pretty good for the most part, the best of those you listed.
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)

Postby broseph jacobs » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Wow, nice team man!

Ridley will likely drop to 15, imho. Ya, he's averaging 100y/g or something ridiculous like that, but I don't see him maintaining it. I guess I don't have any conclusive evidence to back that up lol. But, I stand by it nonetheless. The new OC who's name escapes me at the moment (Josh... McDaniels? Does that sound right?) has obviously made the run a bigger part of their offense. That, plus a fairly favorable schedule (where they don't have to rely solely on Brady's passing game to save them) points to Ridley getting that 1,000yd season. So, I could be wrong. ... But I still say he sees himself around #15 by week 16/17.

Your WR's seemed pretty stacked. Maybe you could cart two of them off for another RB? I tend to be RB-heavy myself. Such a risky fantasy position due to injury and trends towards committee backfields. I have a question: is it James Jones or Julio Jones you have? If it's James I say he's trade fodder to get another RB. Perhaps cart him off while he's hot, along with Hernandez, in an attempt to pick up one of a few RB's I think will finish WAY higher in the second half than the first. They include:

P. Thomas (no brainer with the Sproles injury)
A. Bradshaw (he's healthier than everyone's worries have been, and the Giants have CIN, NO, ATL, BAL, still left on their schedule, all highly favorable RB match-ups).
DMC (probably impossible to pick him up at this point, but second half will obviously eclipse first half. Maybe if you bundled Ridley in on the trade while he's hot?)

Anyways, I think Hernandez is expendable because Miller is past his bye and the two of them will likely be so close each week you might pull your hair out deciding who to start. That, plus Hernandez' health this year has been rough. I'd say try to let him get two consecutive good games in (if possible) and then sell while hot.

Good luck, man. I mean, you've got a really good team. My suggestions to try to get that QB or RB you might need is to trade
-any Q you have
- Ridley
- Hernandez
Good luck

-broseph
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby JT Money » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:55 pm

broseph jacobs wrote:Wow, nice team man!

Ridley will likely drop to 15, imho. Ya, he's averaging 100y/g or something ridiculous like that, but I don't see him maintaining it. I guess I don't have any conclusive evidence to back that up lol. But, I stand by it nonetheless. The new OC who's name escapes me at the moment (Josh... McDaniels? Does that sound right?) has obviously made the run a bigger part of their offense. That, plus a fairly favorable schedule (where they don't have to rely solely on Brady's passing game to save them) points to Ridley getting that 1,000yd season. So, I could be wrong. ... But I still say he sees himself around #15 by week 16/17.

Your WR's seemed pretty stacked. Maybe you could cart two of them off for another RB? I tend to be RB-heavy myself. Such a risky fantasy position due to injury and trends towards committee backfields. I have a question: is it James Jones or Julio Jones you have? If it's James I say he's trade fodder to get another RB. Perhaps cart him off while he's hot, along with Hernandez, in an attempt to pick up one of a few RB's I think will finish WAY higher in the second half than the first. They include:

P. Thomas (no brainer with the Sproles injury)
A. Bradshaw (he's healthier than everyone's worries have been, and the Giants have CIN, NO, ATL, BAL, still left on their schedule, all highly favorable RB match-ups).
DMC (probably impossible to pick him up at this point, but second half will obviously eclipse first half. Maybe if you bundled Ridley in on the trade while he's hot?)

Anyways, I think Hernandez is expendable because Miller is past his bye and the two of them will likely be so close each week you might pull your hair out deciding who to start. That, plus Hernandez' health this year has been rough. I'd say try to let him get two consecutive good games in (if possible) and then sell while hot.

Good luck, man. I mean, you've got a really good team. My suggestions to try to get that QB or RB you might need is to trade
-any Q you have
- Ridley
- Hernandez
Good luck

-broseph

We see things pretty similarly , apart from Hernandez.
I've offered up Stafford and JAMES Jones to two different teams. One for Brady and Miles Austin, the other for Rodgers and Fitzgerald. Doubt they'll take it, but if not, I'll offer up Marshall to go with it instead.
And I'm currently trying to trade Ridley and Cobb for a different top 10 back and mid teens receiver.
Only reason I don't want to trade Hernandez is because I HATE not having a solid backup for any position(excluding K and DEF).

Thanks for your help though Broseph.
JT Money
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby broseph jacobs » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Fair enough. Let me know if any of those trades go through! They are all favorable for you imo. ... although, do you think the possible Stafford + Jones + Marshall trade is too expensive from your side?

Hey man, any time!
By the way, want to give me your opinion on my lineup tomorrow? I'm trying to beat my boss.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=528384
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby JT Money » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:25 pm

broseph jacobs wrote:Fair enough. Let me know if any of those trades go through! They are all favorable for you imo. ... although, do you think the possible Stafford + Jones + Marshall trade is too expensive from your side?

Hey man, any time!
By the way, want to give me your opinion on my lineup tomorrow? I'm trying to beat my boss.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=528384

I was meaning that I would trade Stafford and Marshall instead of Stafford and Jones, should they both decline.

You have a filthy team. I would think you would be alright against most teams, but can you post his lineup? Jamaal Charles has been rather disappointing lately, but I see Thomas being productive with Sproles being hurt.
JT Money
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings