Bench (wk9):
Luck
Greene
Welker
Myers
Eagles
Akers

12 team, .2 PPR, 6 pts per TD

I am 4-4, and projected to win this week (my opponent hasn't set his lineup yet). I've won the last 3 behind the arm of Luck and Richardson/Nelson/Gordon, after going 1-4 with Stafford and Flacco. Just traded TRich for Morris/Greene, and Daniels/Gordon for Allen/Welker.
Decarow
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Season Roster... Help?

Postby broseph jacobs » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Andy Dalton has been hit or miss, and it's usually dependent upon how AJ Green fairs in secondary. This week Green lines up against Champ Bailey, so it might be a rough match-up for Dalton this week. That being said, I would still favor Dalton over Luck's matchup this week. Andy is facing MIA, who have allowed the 9th fewest points to fantasy QB's this season.

Because of your roster and the bye week you are forced to lay off Shonn Greene who has been hot as of late. A Morris is a solid start, but don't expect too much from Alex Green. If he puts up 10 points, be thankful.

I understand the trade for Morris and Green, esp considering Morris is fairing just as well as Richardson has. Plus, with Richardson's bruised ribs (last week's game notwithstanding), he's bound to show some level of flux... right? Either way, you got a comprable RB plus another RB which you definitely needed. If I were you I would try to add one more RB, but I realize it's easier said than done with the thinness at RB and the 12-team league format. Trading is probably the way to go, but on the other hand you might consider some handcuff options (running backs who are second-stringers and would become 1st string RB's if the leading RB they are behind gets injured - just like how R Jennings became the workhorse when MJD went down with a foot sprain two weeks ago) For instance, if J Rodgers isn't owned in your league, you might want to pick him up because M Turner seems slow to me, and he has a lot of wear on his tires. Jaquizz isn't a great talent, but if he became the premier back in ATL, he would be a pass-favored back (which he already is) AND a RB with touches. There are other handcuffs out there you should probably look to grab. I don't see Bradshaw getting hurt, but if he does Andre Brown will be a fantasy "Giant" to be sure. Also, take a look at Bolden, Draughn, Woodhead, Bell,Vereen and Daniel Thomas, if they are available. The best pickup you could possibly make today would be Pierre Thomas. Unlikely to be free in 12-team leagues, if he was dropped a few weeks back because of inconsistent play, GET HIM NOW. You will thank me later. Darren Sproles is out with a broken hand, and Pierre will be a heavily-used back in the run, just as he already is in the pass.

Can you tell me: are there any other RB's available in your league? List me like 15, if you would.

In a 12-team league, you should be able to do better than Dwayne Allen and Brandon Myers at TE. If there are any free agents ripe for the picking, you can absolutely drop Allen right away. Some other TE's that will fair better than Myers for the remainder of the year: Pettigrew, Bennette, Pitta, Gresham, and Fasano, in that order. Okay, I just noticed that you are in a 2 TE league. Okay, I guess these TE's might not be available, but I still want to know what TE's are available in your league, if you wouldn't mind? Obviously you can't drop one before tomorrow (lol), but between the two defenses you own I would be willing to drop the Chargers. You won't see them do what they did Thursday again this season, and the Eagles are consistently the better well-rounded defense. That being said, you obviously can't drop SD before tomorrow. ....oh boy, you better pray Jordy starts tomorrow! Yikes, tough luck man!

Great play at DEF this week, obviously. The Chargers lit up the Chiefs with turnovers. Prater is also a solid kicker from here on out, in my opinion. With Peyton slinging the ball he should be good for points each and every game.

You may want to bench Jordy: most think he will not play tomorrow. He'll be back next week. Unless you hear otherwise tomorrow morning, I would start another WR off the wire. Who is available in your league at WR? Give me a list of 20; I am going to suggest who to get for dropping Allen before tomorrow morning. Obviously Welker is a great play week to week, but the bye is stinging you here. Drat!

I love Titus Young ("Sr." lol) and Regie Wayne here. Regie seems like THE target guy to own in a PPR league, and I assume you are getting higher than average production from here so far this year, esp in the past few weeks? Luck lovin' him some Wayne hands! Titus is obviously hot to trot right now. I hope you started him last week! I don't think he'll match that production, but since he's now a starter (due to injury - see a theme here?), he will see Stafford targeting him much more. Megatron (Calvin Johnson) is suffering the Madden Curse, so Young might very well be the week-to-week top-producing WR out of Detroit, barring a Johnson surge. Even so, he's a weekly WR2 with Staff slinging it there.

Okay here's a high risk/reward move: drop Andrew Luck and keep only one QB this week? Let me know who your available Q's are in your league. You might be able to get away with dropping Luck and picking up someone else off of waivers in order to ensure you have a starter in every position this week. at 4-4, your playoff chances may very well rest on tomorrow's outing for your team!

So, you have homework. Tell me what players are available in your league at these positions:
10 QB's
15 RB's
20 WR's
10 TE's

good luck
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Re: First Season Roster... Help?

Postby Decarow » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:16 pm

broseph jacobs wrote:So, you have homework. Tell me what players are available in your league at these positions:
10 QB's
15 RB's
20 WR's
10 TE's

I ended up dropping Green for Ballard btw. BUt here are the CURRENT FA's in my league (in order)

QB:
Weeden
Ponder
Wilson
Sanchez
Kolb (out)
Gabbert
Tannehill
Cassel
Locker (out)
Skelton

RB:
Brown
Battle
D. Richardson
Rodgers
Goodson
Draughn
Bolden
Wilson
Redman
Reynaud
Bell
Green
Thigpen
Tate (out)
McKnight

WR:
Washington
Shorts
Givens
Hawkins
Floyd
Donald Jones
LaFell
Jacoby Jones
Bess
Walter
Cribbs
Tate
Hankerson
Ogletree
Hilton
Burleson (IR)
Avery
Tate
Stockley
Henderson

TE:
K. Davis
Crabtree
Rosario
Stevens
Watson
Kendricks
Housler
Scheffler
McCoy
Walker

Also, I noticed you mentioned Defenses. Here are the other choices beside what I have:
Bills
Titans
Panthers
Chiefs
Bucs
Lions
Jags
Saints

As you can see, I'm stuck with the Chargers and Eagles haha. But after this week, the Chargers will be in the top 10 in my league. That's why I've stuck with them.
Decarow
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Roster Ratings