Megatron only on 3rd downs??? please help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Megatron only on 3rd downs??? please help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Megatron only on 3rd downs??? please help

Postby steals7 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:29 am

I have Calvin in a .5 per catch and a PPR league.

In the .5 per catch I have James Jones sitting on my bench....should I start Jones to be on the save side of things?

In the PPR league I have ability of dropping Danny Amendola and picking up:
Titus Young, Det WR P, Kendall Wright, Ten WR, Santana Moss, Wsh WR or Mike Williams, TB WR
note this is an 8 team league.....

Please help....
steals7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Megatron only on 3rd downs??? please help

Postby ratbast1 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:34 am

I wouldn't start James Jones or any of those waivers you listed over Megatron ever, but I think Mike Williams is a solid pick up from that list as he's been pretty consistent this year.
ratbast1
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Lucretius76 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:52 am

steals7 wrote:I have Calvin in a .5 per catch and a PPR league.

In the .5 per catch I have James Jones sitting on my bench....should I start Jones to be on the save side of things?

Titus Young, Det WR P, Kendall Wright, Ten WR, Santana Moss, Wsh WR or Mike Williams, TB WR

Please help....

Umm, Titus Young is now poised to be a very nice play that he is the clear number 2 Wr on that team. With Megatron limited Young is the only viable WR option on that team this week. Detroit cannot run, so what's that tell you.
I have Megtron and I'm benching him this week. He's put up good numbers once, maybe twice this year. And that is playing every snap as well. Something's wrong with him, and with his snaps being limited this week I see him as nothing more than a decoy for the Lions 3rd down situation.
I like Mike Williams TB as well, although not as much as Titus Young. Tampa can actually run the ball, and VJax will take targets away from Williams. Young is the show for Detroit this week.
Lucretius76
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby steals7 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:54 am

Lucretius76 wrote:
steals7 wrote:I have Calvin in a .5 per catch and a PPR league.

Please help....

Umm, Titus Young is now poised to be a very nice play that he is the clear number 2 Wr on that team. With Megatron limited Young is the only viable WR option on that team this week. Detroit cannot run, so what's that tell you.
I have Megtron and I'm benching him this week. He's put up good numbers once, maybe twice this year. And that is playing every snap as well. Something's wrong with him, and with his snaps being limited this week I see him as nothing more than a decoy for the Lions 3rd down situation.
I like Mike Williams TB as well, although not as much as Titus Young. Tampa can actually run the ball, and VJax will take targets away from Williams. Young is the show for Detroit this week.

I was thinking the same thing....thanks for the help
steals7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Silence » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:20 am

Megatron is really hard to bench for any of them he's so good he could break out at any time. He's also one of the most targeted receivers in the game. And it only takes one catch to make himworth thestart. If you think he'll lose out on plays then start young.
QB Brady
RB Martin, Sproles, Tate, Bradshaw
WR A Boldin, J Nelson, Welker, Hartline, Amendola, M Wallace
TE M Bennent
Kicker Hartley
Def Den
12 person standard scoring league
Silence
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby johnny p » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:13 am

I'm starting Stevie Johnson over Calvin Johnson this week due to the recent news.......

I have a lineup that I think "Should" win, with that said, it's in my best interest to take 5-8 points from Stevie Johnson, vs. hoping for a 20 point performance from Megatron, only to have him gimp off the field in the 1st quarter and never record a reception.

The Risk is too great for the potential reward for me....
johnny p Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)

Postby tantrix1969 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:18 am

while Megatron is trying to shake off the dreaded madden curse Titus is the safer play this week imo
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby steals7 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:20 am

As of now I have placed Calvin in over James Jonesdueto the potential match-up against patrick peterson....however, I have T. Young in over Calvin in the other...

Keep the feedback coming and thanks for all the voices so far.
steals7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench