Percy Harvin - sprained ankle - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Percy Harvin - sprained ankle

Moderator: Football Moderators

Percy Harvin - sprained ankle

Postby stomperrob » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:59 am

Updated: November 5th, 2012 12:43pm
Vikings receiver Percy Harvin says it's 'long shot' he will play Sunday
by Judd Zulgad

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings passing game is already in shambles, and now it might be without its top player for Sunday's game against Detroit at the Metrodome.

Receiver Percy Harvin, using crutches to get around the Winter Park locker room Monday after suffering a sprained left ankle in Sunday's loss at Seattle, would not rule himself out for the Lions game but acknowledged it's a "long shot" he will play.

Harvin admitted to being in "a lot of pain" and said the sprain was in three places. An MRI showed that Harvin had not fractured the ankle.

Harvin, who leads the Vikings with 62 receptions for 677 yards and has caught three touchdowns, was injured when a Seahawks defender rolled up on his ankle on a run play in the third quarter of Sunday's 30-20 loss. He returned in the fourth quarter after getting the ankle retaped but clearly was hampered by the injury.

The Vikings will have a bye week after playing Detroit and Harvin was asked if it would make sense to take advantage of a potential two-week break.

"Does it make sense?" to sit out Sunday, Harvin said. "To me, no. But if that's what has to happen, then that's what has to happen. I'm shooting to try to play and get everything I can. If I can't, then I'll have to rest it. But I'm not ruling myself out."

con't...

more: http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Viki ... rain110512
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Percy Harvin - sprained ankle

Postby Apoplectic » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Man, I hope he turns out OK after that two week break. He's been one of the very few bright spots for my team this year.
Apoplectic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk