To start Vick Ballard or not to, and other questions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

To start Vick Ballard or not to, and other questions

Moderator: Football Moderators

To start Vick Ballard or not to, and other questions

Postby zjk924 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:18 pm

Hey all,

So, I've got a bunch of questions for this week, starting with Indy RB: with the return of Donald Brown, Vick Ballard's fantasy numbers were supposed to go down. But then last week he did pretty well against a fairly stingy Miami Defense, and Brown didn't do anything. Should I keep him in? That's 4 weeks in a row he's gotten between 8 and 11 fantasy points in my non-PPR league, pretty good for a flex RB.

My other big question is what to do with Fred Jackson. I hate always having both him and CJ Spiller in, because I hate having 2 running backs on the same team, and yet they both always seem to be pretty effective- other than last week against a stout Houston Defense, between the two of them I generally get between 20-27 points, which is not optimal (ADP always get that on his own! Ugh haha), but I can definitely work with it. However, with Demarco Murray still out, it's looking like Felix Jones is still going to be a viable option.

So I guess, my big question is, between 2 fantasy spots, right now I've got Fred Jackson and Martellus Bennet.... But I wonder if Felix Jones and Vick Ballard would be better used there.

To give you guys context, here's my team as is for week 10:

QB- Tom Brady vs. Buffalo
WR- Julio Jones @ NO
WR- Dez Bryant @ Phi
RB- C.J. Spiller @ NE
RB- Mikel LeShoure @ Min
TE- Antonio Gates @ TB
K- Matt Bryant @ NO
DEF- Denver @ Car
W/R- Fred Jackson @ NE
W/R/T- Martellus Bennet @ Cin

Bench:
Joe Flacco vs. Oak
Randall Cobb- BYE
Vick Ballard @ Jac
Felix Jones @ Phi
Alex Green- BYE
Washington DEF- BYE
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: To start Vick Ballard or not to, and other questions

Postby millenniumfalcon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:18 pm

I would go with Felix and Bennett. I have Fjax also tough to start him on a weekly basis with a timeshare. Ballard is too risky also with brown being back.
millenniumfalcon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MRiH » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:28 pm

I would definitely go with Jones/Ballard.
Jones is the starter this week and Ballard has a nice match-up against JAX even if he splits carries with Brown.

F Jax doesn't have a bad match-up I just don't think it is as good as Ballard's, maybe start him over Jones.

And for Bennett he hasn't had a double digit game since he had one in each of the first three weeks.
MRiH
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 78)

Postby shredfest » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:34 pm

I like Felix and Ballard if Brown doesn't go. Keep an eye on Brown's status. If he does play, I'd go with Felix and Bennett. Spiller seems to be the better option than FJax lately. I'd hate to have two rb's from the same team. Perhaps trade FJax?

Thanks for help with mine.
shredfest
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby zjk924 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Nah, no one in my league trades, and theyre only ever willing to deal with me if I put up Cobb or Jones, which I wouldnt do unless I got something like Chi Defense or Adrian Peterson or something.

Anyways, thanks for the input so far, guys.
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)

Postby righthandman69 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Aside from the already mentioned factors, with these guys i would indeed look at their matchups for the week as well. I would go with Jones considering how well New Orleans ran against Philly last week. Having two RBs from the same team (atleast as starters) is never the best option in my opinion. Considering what FJax has NOT been able to do, i would try to trade him. His value is still decent. Also, i don't like the matchup @New England for Buffalo. That has bad day written all over it for multiple reasons. I would go with Jones and Ballard@Jacksonville for this week.
righthandman69
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 66)

Postby bisklimpkit » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Thanks for the help on mine.

As much as I don't like F Jones, I like him better than Jackson this week, especially since the Cowboys still seem like they want to give Jones quite a few touches, so I'd put Jones in for Jackson.

Bennett hasn't done a whole lot lately, an Ballard seems to be doing quite a bit with the touches he's getting. He also has a pretty juicy matchup this week, so I'd roll him over Bennett.
bisklimpkit
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Golden Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 132)

Postby t_sweet » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Appreciate the help on mine...

Man that is a long way to ask who to start at your two flex spots! it is too bad nobody trades, because you have some good ammo!

I would roll with F-Jax and Ballard. Also i would not worry about starting both Spiller and FJ. Think of it as a player vs player comparison and go soley off that. Regardless of who else is on your roster, do you think FJ will score more than Bennett? i say yes, so you start him. Period.
QB- Vick
RBs- Forte, Sproles, Martin, K Smith, Ronnie Brown
WRs- Welker, D-Jax, Britt, Mike Williams, Lance Moore, LaFell
TE- Gonzo
K- Jason Hanson
Def- Buf D
t_sweet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bronco_7 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 pm

I would go with Felix Jones and Ballard. Seems like the best choices of your options. THanks for the help on mine. I would still consider Vick Ballard though as Donald Brown sucks!
Sig GoodStash

12 team
QBs Roethlisberger, Kapernik
RBs Doug Martin, D Thomas, Bryce Brown
WRs C Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Garcon
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Matt214racer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:24 am

(IMO)~I'd go with Felix Jones and Vick Ballard and the reason I say Ballard is bc D. Brown left Game early this last week against Miami and hasn't been 100% healthy since he came back from the injury, so that means V. Ballard is gonna get the Bulk of the carries and facing The Jags this Week u gotta like that match up 4sure bc look wat Leshoure did to them this last Week!!! Thanks for ur Help With Mine!!!
Matt214racer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench