Luck or Stafford - I can't get it right - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Luck or Stafford - I can't get it right

Moderator: Football Moderators

Luck or Stafford - I can't get it right

Postby Mikeswork2008 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:45 pm

For the past two weeks I have played the wrong QB. I went with the one that had the highest projected points and have now been wrong twice and lost twice because of it. So this week:
Luck vs Jacksonville - my league Proj pts 23, however Jacksonville has the 13th rated def against QB's
Stafford vs Min - my league Proj pts 21, but Minnesota has the 23rd rated def against QB's.
Luck is scoring TD's, Stafford is not.
I might just trade Stafford for a medium high RB and end my worries on which one. Then I am simply tied to one for the rest of the year.

Help please.
Mikeswork2008 Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Luck or Stafford - I can't get it right

Postby zjk924 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:50 pm

i'd go with Luck, he seems to be having the better overall year. And JAX defense couldn't stop a paper bag, no matter how they're statistically doing. Vikings are stingier. Also, keep in mind, Megatron is fighting injuries, and Titus Young is a punk, whereas T.Y. Hilton, Reggie Wayne, and Donnie Avery are all working with Luck pretty well.

**EDIT**

viewtopic.php?t=528830
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)

Postby millenniumfalcon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:21 pm

I would go with luck and trade stafford.

viewtopic.php?t=528818
millenniumfalcon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby microwavable » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 pm

Projected points are barely useful. Last week, I saw that a top RB, I want to say it was Ryan Mathews vs. KC, was projected to have 23 points on ESPN.com. The guy hasn't even gotten a 20-point game this year. Projections are useful to sort waiver pickups, but not for setting a lineup.

I'd go with Luck for now, but hang onto Stafford, and here's why: Luck faces Houston in Week 15 as well as Week 17, during fantasy playoffs. Stafford faces an OK defense in Arizona Week 15, and a tough but doable matchup at home against Chicago in Week 17. You might need Stafford then.
microwavable
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Who to Start/Bench