Trade Options in my Keeper League WHIR!!! Please Help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Options in my Keeper League WHIR!!! Please Help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Options in my Keeper League WHIR!!! Please Help!

Postby rayham2 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Hey guys,

I need some help here with what to do. The league is 1st year,12 team, keeper league in which we keep the guy next year based on the round he was taken this year. It is PPR.

I have a few deals that I am considering right now. If it matters, I am 4-5 right now with the 4th highest scoring total in the league. I have been the victim of some bad luck.

Current Roster with round drafted:

QB: Cam Newton (1st) I traded early in year to get him
RB: Ray Rice (1st)
RB: Adrian Peterson (2nd)
WR: Eric Decker (6th)
WR: Julio Jones (3rd)
TE: Vernon Davis (5th)
FLEX: Titus Young, Pierre Thomas, Michael Bush

HERE ARE THE DEALS I AM BEING OFFERED

One team is offering Andrew Luck (10th round!) and Stevie Johnson (7th) for Decker and Pierre Thomas

Another is offering Danny Amendola (12th) and Fred Jackson (4th) for Decker

Another is offering Randall Cobb (free agent) for Cam Newton.

I am thinking for the long term, that I accept both the first and the third deal? I could solidify Luck as a Keeper for years and then keep one of the RBs or even Julio...heck even Cobb idk. But that would give me Cobb as my WR to replace Decker and Stevie in my flex with Luck as the QB who is playing just as well as Cam or better...and he has the keeper value of 10 round.

Cam is clearly under performing and the only guys that needs a QB is the one who dealt me Cam and he doesn't want him back, and then the one who offered Cobb.

What do you guys think?
rayham2
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Options in my Keeper League WHIR!!! Please Help!

Postby nyr199435 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm inclined to agree with you about Luck. It would be awesome to have him for years to come in a keeper league. I really don't like the downgrade from Decker to Johnson, but Luck seems to be much more of a sure thing than Newton. I also really like the idea of getting Amendola and FJax for Decker, especially in a PPR, but if you do the Luck trade you obviously can't do that one.

I like your plan of doing trades 1 and 3, but I would try to squeeze the Cobb owner for a little more. I think you could get better than Cobb for a QB like Newton, even with Cobb's success and Newton's struggles. But if you can't, Cobb will be awesome with Rodgers throwing to him for the foreseeable future. If you take trades 1 and 3 you'll essentially have upgraded at QB and washed out at WR (Cobb=Decker in PPR). I like that plan personally.

Help?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=528842&p=3496603#p3496603
nyr199435
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby DYLROB » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:04 pm

I like the first offer.Luck is an upgrade to Cam. Decker is going to cool off soon. Keep in mind Denver is one hit on Manning away from disaster.
DYLROB
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UrbanatorNation » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:12 pm

Agree that trade #1 is a must. Luck in the 10th is a no-brainer in a keeper league. I also agree with the first post that you're selling Newton a bit short. Just because you'd no longer need him doesn't mean you sell him for the first offer that comes along. Cobb is great now, but with a healthy Packers WR core next year (which it sounds like you migh be playing for), I don't trust his week-to-week production. Even if you be'd keeping him at bargain price. Maybe try and deal Newton for a pick that you'd be giving up with another keeper? Either way, I'd be leary of trade #3.

And I'm a firm NO on trade #2. Amendola, even in the 12th, is nothing and I'm not a Fred Jackson fan. Rather have Decker 2 rounds later.

Hope that helps!

viewtopic.php?t=528864
UrbanatorNation
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MattEMS911 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Get. Luck.
MattEMS911
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby DenshaOtoko » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 pm

take the luck trade imo. also peterson keep in the 2nd may be good value
DenshaOtoko
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions