Pick 3 (Week 10) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Pick 3 (Week 10)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick 3 (Week 10)

Postby Pitfan2782 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:55 am

10-Team PPR, bonus yards: 100 (3), 150 (5), 200 (7)

Arian Foster @ Chi
LeSean McCoy vs Dal
C.J. Spiller @ NE
Vick Ballard @ Jax

I'm fairly certain I'm starting McCoy and Spiller, but I'm worried about Foster going against Chicago's defense. Ballard has a solid match up against the Jaguars, and it looks like Brown will be out. Do I sit my workhorse for the match up?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick 3 (Week 10)

Postby GoForSwitzerland » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:41 am

i think i'd go with foster, mccoy and ballard :)!
GoForSwitzerland
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Triffid » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:17 am

Second that... I'd sit Spiller, the only one that I think will be much of a time share this week.
Triffid
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby TruNinerFan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:45 am

GoForSwitzerland wrote:i think i'd go with foster, mccoy and ballard :)!

i agree ;-D

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby dawgdiver » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 am

Anything I've learned over the years is that you don't sit your main guy just because he is against a great def. More often than not, it bites you in the butt.

Play Foster!!!!!

If CHI shuts him down, that is called football and 8 teams experience that every week. Plus, he is a good receiver out of the backfield. You're good.
Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid!
dawgdiver
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby zjk924 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:49 am

Foster and McCoy are obvious. You can't ever sit them. Although sidenote, how the hell did you get both of them?? They both went 1st round in my league, haha.

And I'd go Spiller over Ballard. Yes, Vick Ballard is a great running back, but Spiller is a better one. We're talking about a guy whose averaging 7 yards per carry, and also 10 yard per reception. And I know he and FJax have been doing the whole time share thing, but I read a couple articles on ESPN- Buffalo knows which one is the better player, they're going to be giving Spiller the ball more often. And I dont care what people THINK they know, Patriots run defense is garbage. Maybe not as garbagey as JAX, but I think that the difference in talent between Spiller and Ballard is so huge, you gotta give Spiller the ball.

On a related note, I actually have both Spiller and Ballard too haha: viewtopic.php?t=528917
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)

Re: Re: Pick 3 (Week 10)

Postby Pitfan2782 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:26 pm

zjk924 wrote:Foster and McCoy are obvious. You can't ever sit them. Although sidenote, how the hell did you get both of them?? They both went 1st round in my league, haha.

And I'd go Spiller over Ballard. Yes, Vick Ballard is a great running back, but Spiller is a better one. We're talking about a guy whose averaging 7 yards per carry, and also 10 yard per reception. And I know he and FJax have been doing the whole time share thing, but I read a couple articles on ESPN- Buffalo knows which one is the better player, they're going to be giving Spiller the ball more often. And I dont care what people THINK they know, Patriots run defense is garbage. Maybe not as garbagey as JAX, but I think that the difference in talent between Spiller and Ballard is so huge, you gotta give Spiller the ball.

On a related note, I actually have both Spiller and Ballard too haha: viewtopic.php?t=528917

To answer your first question, this is a 4th season keeper league, and i drafted McCoy and Foster the first year. Helped me to 3 championship appearances, 2 titles, and $2,000 so far, ha.

Also, you guys are right, can't sit Foster or McCoy regardless of match up. I'm also going with Spiller over Ballard. I'm banking on the fact that the Bills will be playing from behind, so I'm thinking 80yrds rushing, 5rec for 40yrds, 1 TD for CJ.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby zjk924 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Ahh, I see. Jeez, you certainly made some smart moves, haha.
Anyways, was wondering if you could weigh in on my dilemma, too.
viewtopic.php?t=528917
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)

Return to Who to Start/Bench