Bench Ryan Mathews this week? *WHIR* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Bench Ryan Mathews this week? *WHIR*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bench Ryan Mathews this week? *WHIR*

Postby IIIdazedIII » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:08 am

Need some help guys

I need to sit one of these guys in a standard scoring league.

M Forte
R Mathews
B Green Ellis
S Ridley

I leaning towards starting Forte and Ridley for sure, just unsure on Mathews vs. BGE. I will help with yours in return. Thanks!
IIIdazedIII
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bench Ryan Mathews this week? *WHIR*

Postby Fran1508 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:04 am

I would play matthews and sit the lawfirm. Matthews is just a lot more talented and he will be much better in the 2nd half. The lawfirm has been trending downwards for weeks now. I know the giants rush D hasn't been good recently, but you have to think that going against the bengals, especially after being embarassed on the ground last week, they are going to solely focus on stopping the run completely this week and keeping the bengals in 3rd and longs to let the dline do their thing. I say bench BGE

Help me please

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=529171
Fran1508
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bench Ryan Mathews this week? *WHIR*

Postby mjhokie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 am

Obviously, you have to start Forte. I think Buffalo makes your 2nd decision for you:) They've given up 10 TD's to RBs last 5 games.

Even though TB's run D has been good, I'd go with Ryan. Here's some information from my league's website concerning Green-Elllis ------

"BenJarvus Green-Ellis had 11 Fantasy points in Week 9 and it was his first trip north of 10 points since Week 2. He got to 11 points thanks to a 2-yard touchdown run against the Broncos, but if you strip that away it was another ugly performance from the Law Firm. He touched the ball 19 times against the Broncos and produced a whopping 52 total yards of offense, which is just 2.7 yards per touch. Since Week 2, BJGE is averaging just 55 yards rushing per game on 2.9 yards per carry, which is hardly impressive. Can you run against the New York Giants? Yes you can, but for whatever reason they are much tougher on the road. In their four road games, only one runner -- LeSean McCoy -- has run for more than 50 yards against this defense or produced 10 Fantasy points. In their other three road games, they have held the running back groups of San Francisco, Dallas and Carolina to a grand total of 135 yards rushing. That's just 45 rushing yards per game in those contests and even if you factor in McCoy's big game, they are allowing just 69.5 yards per game on the road. Clearly I am not a big fan of the Law Firm and this week I think a deeper dive into the numbers was needed to see why I expect another long day, who is staying on my bench."

(Also, in games against TB where RBs get 15+ touches, they are averaging about 90 yds per game. Ryan usually gets that many touches.)

Thanks for help on mine:)
PPR league

QB Stafford
RB Foster
RB S. Jackson
WR R. White
WR Fitzgerald
TE Rudolph
Flx R. Mathews
DP D. Ware
DST Steelers
K Bullock