Manager Quit Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Manager Quit Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Manager Quit Question

Postby conceredcomish » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:17 am

Morning,

So during last nights game I noticed one of my managers didn't change Rodgers out for Luck his back up qb. I contacted him to see if he had quit managing his team (hes been known to not update or follow his team for weeks) Come to find out he doesn't have the time to manager any more due to some personal issues. So I got to thinking what should I do in this situation and here is what I came up with and I would like to get some input on these if you don't mind.

1. Lock the team and manage it myself, and by that I mean make sure there are no empty spots in the roster and make sure his top draft picks for each position play and adding the next available choice based on waivers and FA if they have no avaiable players on their bench. Other than that no trades, no research for whos better that day, no nothing.

2. Give the team to someone who wanted to join the league but couldn't because we are an 8 man league. Plus it gets their feet wet for the following year.

It doesnt seem fair to me to just let a team sit as is. Some managers will clearly get a greater advantage at easy wins during bye weeks compared to managers who will have to play them in the playoffs and possibly lose to a team that isn't even managed.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
conceredcomish
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Manager Quit Question

Postby Hags888 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Finding a replacement manager is your best option. This is pretty standard practice, and I've done it in my own league that I manage, and had it done in other leagues I'm a part of. Generally speaking, it's always better to have someone else manage the team, rather than take it over yourself. Most other team owners would rather see someone else manage it, than see you manage 2 teams.
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby conceredcomish » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:01 pm

I had a feeling that was the standard. I brought this up last night and was jumped on immediately from other managers. They would rather the team sit dormant and let the team play as is. I don't understand it. Seems like a cheap way to get off easy or basically given a win.
conceredcomish
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby stomperrob » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:50 pm

I agree with Hags, dunno why the other managers would have a problem with this, better to have someone that wants to play rather than a dormant team.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby murphysxm » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:22 pm

Get a body to manage the team. Nobody should get a competitive advantage because they play a dead team more often
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Return to Commissioner's Corner